Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- The University of North Georgia
- UNG-Dahlonega, GA
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Physical Sciences
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 254308
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary The University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a tenure track chemistry position on the Dahlonega Campus at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin August 1, 2023. Responsibilities
- Applicants will be expected to have the expertise necessary to teach Survey of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Principles of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Organic Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; and other upper-level courses related to their field.Scholarly work Involving undergraduates, advising students, service to the university and community, active participation in departmental activities, maintaining a collegial work environment, and professional development are expected.
- Applicants are required to have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or a related field. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.Excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and university/community service are requirements for promotion and tenure.
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, and a description of proposed research involving undergraduates.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Other Information
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- Position of Trust + Education
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
The University of North Georgia is a member of the University System of Georgia and holds designations as a state leadership institution and as The Military College of Georgia. With more than 18,000 students, the University of North Georgia is one of the state’s largest public universities. The regional, multi-campus university offers more than 100 programs of study ranging from certificate and associate’s degrees to professional doctoral programs.
The University of North Georgia's educational experience provides a solid foundation to help students become civic, professional and military leaders who serve communities locally and globally. UNG's student-focused environment includes quality education, service, inquiry, and creativity.
UNG is one of only six senior military colleges in the United States and its residential Army ROTC program consistently ranks among the best in the country. UNG competes in NCAA Division II in baseball, softball, golf, basketball, soccer, mixed rifle, and women's cross country.
The University of North Georgia has seven academic colleges and institutes: the College of Arts and Letters, the Mike Cottrell College of Business, the College of Science and Mathematics, the College of Education, the College of Health Professions, University College, and the Lewis F. Rogers Institute for Environmental and Spatial Analysis.
At the undergraduate level, UNG offers the Associate of Arts (A.A.) and the Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees and the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS); Bachelor of Arts (BA); Bachelor of Science (BS); Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA); Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA); and Bachelor of Science-Nursing (BSN).
Graduate degrees offered at UNG include: Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT); Education Specialist in School Leadership (EDSSL); Master of Education (Med); Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT); Master of Arts in history (MA); Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA); Master of Science in clinical mental health counseling (MS); Master of Science in family nurse practitioner (MS); Master of Science in nursing education (MS); Master of Science in physical education (MS); Master of Science in criminal justice (MS); Master of Public Administration (MPA); Master of Business Administration (MBA); Master of Music (MM).
The University of North Georgia was formed through the consolidation of North Georgia College & State University and Gainesville State College, two of the top-performing schools in the University System of Georgia, in January 2013. Positioned in the fastest-growing region of the state, UNG comprises five campuses and online opportunities united by a single mission focused on academic excellence and academic and co-curricular programs that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society.
UNG’s campuses are located across the northeast Georgia region in Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Gainesville, and Oconee County. With easy access to metro Atlanta and Georgia's mountain and piedmont areas, the region features vibrant cultural and recreational opportunities, including Lake Lanier and the the Appalachian Trail.
The University of North Georgia is part of the University System of Georgia Complete College Georgia (CCG) initiative to improve the retention, progression, and graduation of students. Grounded in the successes and strengths of the past and inspired by the potential of the new University of North Georgia, UNG's Complete College Georgia plan seeks to advance educational attainment in the northern part of the state, contributing to the region's workforce and economic prosperity.
To obtain application information for the University of North Georgia, call the Admissions Office at 706-864-1800, or for a closer look at the university, visit www.ung.edu.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert