About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2023-026Posting Start Date:
High School/GED Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Data Entry ClerkDescription/Job Summary
Reporting to the Registrar or designee, the Data Entry Clerk(s) are responsible for back-office data entry duties related to student records. This security sensitive position reviews for accuracy and enters student data into the Banner system. This position works to ensure that other staff in the Registrar’s Office and other areas have access to accurate student data in the appropriate formats.
- Meets the daily data entry performance goals set by the Registrar or designee.
- Reviews student records for accuracy.
- Enters student grades into Banner from HP Lan and from other sources.
- Enters other related information into Banner such as degree audits, course substitution, grade changes, and other student data.
- Notes daily production information into spreadsheets to share with others.
- High-school diploma or GED
- 1-year experience performing data entry, or other professional office functions
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excell
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Associate degree
- 2 or more years of experience performing data entry functions in a similar environment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail