Specialist III, Admissions & Records
- Lone Star College
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 38499
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.Location address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Specialist III, Admissions and Records is responsible for providing guidance to new and returning students on LSC Admissions and Records processes. Provides assistance with application and admissions and assists with interpretation of course catalog and semester schedules.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides a high level of admissions related information and assistance to potential, new, and returning students. This includes but is not limited to assisting with enrollment/registration paperwork and processes, assisting students with section selections, semester load, schedules, course transferability, online registration assistance, etc. Refers students to appropriate Specialists or Advisors to assist with questions that are beyond this position's scope of responsibilityAssists the college's information counter, phone center, and data entry center and refers to proper campus resources Provide and process admissions related documents for enrollment and record management purposesProvides information and referrals to students who are unable to enroll due to holds, pre-requisites, testing requirementsProcesses degree plan requests and analyzes student records to determine student’s level of completion based on the various individual’s degree planMaintain queries for prospective and new applicants and assist with enrollment management communication campaignsPerforms a variety of data entry functions in iStar (PeopleSoft) and other systemsDevelops and distributes informational materials for new/prospective studentsResponsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detailWorking knowledge of Microsoft Office SuiteAbility to work on multiple projectsStrong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate’s degree
Hiring salary range is $33,540 - $38,571
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Working at Lone Star College
Lone Star College continues to be a leader in higher education while experiencing unpreceded growth. Lone Star College is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation and is always seeking qualified and dedicated people to join our team. Our employees take advantage of state of the art learning and technology centers that focus on student success. It’s no wonder LSC continues to be recognized as a Top 10 degree producer by Community College Week.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Lone Star College. We’re redefining the community college experience for our students, and our community. LSC created the Honors College for high achieving students in 2013 to push beyond just offering a limited number of honors courses. The Center for Civic Engagement launched in 2015 to increase student civic responsibility and help make our community a better place to live. We continue to expand and refine our workforce education and career training programs in partnership with regional and global employers and a rigorous alignment to their needs. LSC leads statewide reverse transfer, student success and pathway projects to increase student completion rates and improve learning outcomes.
And we’re increasing our international focus to support the increasingly global nature of our workforce.
At Lone Star College, tomorrow starts today. LSC is building the community college of tomorrow by taking action today.
Visit www.LoneStar.edu to learn more about how LSC is changing the way people think about community colleges.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert