Assistant Professor-Psychological Science: Clinical/Counseling Psychology One Year Temporary
- Fitchburg State University
- Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- Salary based on qualifications, experience and in accordance with the MSCA Bargaining Agreement
- Faculty Jobs
- Social Sciences, Psychology & Behavioral Science
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
General Statement of Duties: Full-time, one-year temporary, assistant professor in the area of Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Teach introductory and upper-level undergraduate courses in the core curriculum (e.g. Introduction to Psychological Science, Abnormal Psychology, Psychology of Personality, & Clinical Psychology) as well as in their area of specialization. Preferably, the successful candidate will bring specialization in diversity or cross-cultural studies. Doctoral degree in Psychology required.
Supervision Received: Department Chair of Psychological Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching work load (24 semester hours of credit of instruction per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction.
- Teach courses such as Introduction to Psychological Science, Abnormal Psychology, Psychology of Personality, & Clinical Psychology as well as in their area of specialization.
- Provide student assistance including academic advising. Participate in curriculum review and development, program reviews and student outcomes assessment and departmental and college-wide committees. Attend university functions, including commencement, convocation, and faculty, committee and department meetings.
- Participate in scheduled orientation and registration programs.
- Engage in continuing scholarship and professional activities, which may include contribution to the content of the discipline, participation in or contribution to professional organizations and societies, public service and contributions to the professional growth and development of the university community.
- Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online, and undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
- Doctoral degree from an APA accredited program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
- Ability to teach introductory and upper-level undergraduate courses in Psychological Science.
- The successful candidate should bring an active research agenda that could involve undergraduates.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university.
- Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Please submit a letter of interest, CV, three professional references and statement of teaching philosophy.
One Year Temporary, 9 months Benefited Position, beginning September 1, 2023
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and the MSCA Bargaining Agreement
Fitchburg State University is committed to diversifying its workforce. We strongly encourage women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for the advertised position.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert