Assistant Professor/Family Med-Bismarck
- University of North Dakota
- Grand Forks, ND
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Medicine
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant/Associate Professor, Family & Community Medicine – Center for Family Medicine – Bismarck
UND SMHS is recruiting for a full-time physician who is American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) certified or eligible. The chosen applicant will be at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in a fully accredited, university administered, and community-based family medicine residency program in Bismarck, North Dakota.Compensation and Appointment
Position: Assistant/Associate professor, commensurate with education and experience.
Remuneration/Salary: $215,000+/annually, commensurate with qualifications and credentials.
This is a twelve (12) month, non-tenure track appointment with University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Science, Department of Family & Community Medicine in the Bismarck Center for Family Medicine.Position Benefits:Benefits include single or family health care coverage (UND pays the full premium), basic life insurance, employee assistance program, retirement plans with generous employer contributions, and 10 paid holidays.
Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
UND also offers an employee tuition waiver and a variety of professional development opportunities.
Find out more about UND's great benefits and perks here!Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Teaching residents and medical students at the UND Center for Family Medicine-Bismarck, in the hospital, and other educational settings. Supervision of residents and medical students and maintaining a significant broad-based clinical practice at the UND Center for Family Medicine-Bismarck. Participation in scholarly activity and encouraging the scholarly activity of residents and medical students.Working to assure resident and faculty compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.Participation in both self-directed and residency-directed faculty development. Curriculum development and administrative tasks specific to the program. Off-site practice and teaching as arranged by the Program Director. Participation in the on-call rotation to meet the needs of continuity of care of the practice population of the UND Center for Family Medicine-Bismarck.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position is subject to a criminal history record check.Minimum Requirements
- Licensed/Eligible for license to practice medicine in the State of North Dakota Completion of an accredited residency program (AOA, ACGME) American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) certified or eligible Successful completion of criminal history record check.
- Minimum of 1-year medical teaching experience Demonstrated experience in curriculum development Demonstrated experience of participation in scholarly activity Experience supervising residents and medical students Experience in maintain a broad-based clinical practiceWilling to practice and teach to residents and medical students all aspects of obstetrics care and participate in the obstetrics call schedule
Review of applications will begin on 03/01/23. Position is open until filled.
Applicants must apply on-line and submit:
1. Letter of intent
2. Current curriculum vitae
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert