Research Scientist II (Working Title: AI Solutions Architect)
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians, Institutional & Business Affairs, Institutional Research & Planning
- Jobs Outside Higher Education
- Software & Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 254165
Atlanta, GA. Hybrid remote work options are available.Job Summary
Provide advanced and innovative data and technology leadership and support for a research unit. Hold the role of lead subject matter expert regarding delivery of IT and data services in support of research. Define and implement a sustainable and secure data management strategy which meets the needs of researchers and sponsors. Collaborate with professional peers on campus and nationally. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Faculty, staff, students, postdocs, and unit management. Some supervision is possible (eg students or junior staff). Hybrid remote work options are available.Responsibilities
- Provide high-level expertise, advice, and technology leadership; defines and implements the vision and strategy for data management for the National AI Institute for Adult Learning and Online Education (AI-ALOE).
- Interact and collaborate with Institute management, multiple research groups across partner organizations, and other stakeholders (eg local and external HPC providers).
- Define, evaluate, and implement technical IT and data systems, architecture, applications, and services to serve the AI Institute research mission, including issues of data privacy and security.
- Coordinate with other data management efforts on campus to plan for and analyze technology investments; identify common needs among research groups and develop associated solutions, focusing on the collaborative use of resources where possible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Research Scientist II
- A Master’s degree and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree, or
- A Master’s degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree.
Salary range $100-$120K commensurate with experience.Required Documents to Attach
Candidates should include a cover letter, CV, List of at least 3 references, and minimum of 1 reference letterKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledge and skill in data acquisition, data management, data integration, and cloud architectures including AWS. DevOps and automation tools including software engineering, development experience (eg Python), GIT, APIs and container technology. Basic experience with information technology hardware and software at all layers, including high-performance computing and machine learning. Experience with data analysis and visualization. Excellent skills in problem solving, decision making, customer service, system documentation and communications. Expertise with networking, cybersecurity, systems management. Understanding of regulated data controls (eg NIST 800-171 and DFARS 7012 compliance).Contact Information
For additional information about this job opening, please contact the Search Chair, Dr. Ashok Goel at [email protected]Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
Official position title is Research Scientist II, but candidate working title will be AI Data Management Coordinator.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert