SALESFORCE ADMINISTRATOR, WBUR Engineering
- Boston University, Metropolitan College
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
- Administrative Jobs
- Technology, Analysts & Programming, Network & Systems Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Who We Are & What We Can Offer You:
WBUR is Boston’s NPR and a public media leader, producing exceptional journalism on-air, online, on demand and in real life. Our mission is to provide high quality journalism and enriching experiences that foster understanding, connection and community for an expanding circle of people. WBUR is member-supported and licensed to Boston University.
Employees at WBUR are a team of professionals who value truth, diverse perspectives and candid debate, creating a culture of mutual respect, passion, and belonging.
We’ve got exciting plans to keep innovating and building WBUR for the future.
We’re growing. And you’ll grow too.
We offer our employees a hybrid workplace, with a mix of remote, hybrid, and in-person work arrangements.
We also offer:
- Health and Well Being Benefits including Gender Affirming Healthcare
- Paid Time Off, Holidays & Intersession
- Tuition Remission and Professional Development through Boston University
The Opportunity and Who You’ll Work With:
WBUR is undergoing an implementation of Salesforce for Nonprofit and Marketing Cloud to act as our centralized member and major donor, and business partnership data platform and marketing hub. As the Salesforce Administrator, your role will be crucial to the implementation and on-going support of our platform. You will play a central role during the implementation phase, coordinating between the senior leadership team, external vendors, and implementation partners, as well as the internal project manager. Once the implementation is complete, you will provide continued support in configuration, administration, and end user support for WBUR’s Salesforce platform, and be the primary technical resource with technology vendors. You will report to the Executive Director Engineering & Operations IT.
As Salesforce Administrator, your capabilities and proficiencies will include:
- Orientation to documentation and controlled environment with checks and balances and dots connected.
- Ability to see ahead of needs and anticipate requirements and opportunities.
- Ability to get down into the details while also being able to see the broader operational. opportunities to fully optimize WBUR’s investment in Salesforce.
- Business acumen to quickly understand areas to focus.
- Exceptional communication and written skills.
- Anticipates questions and exhibits ability to simplify messages for all spectrum of audiences.
- Constant state of “solutioning” every obstacle; turning them into opportunities.
- Design exhibits, reports to zero-in-on what matters the most.
- Takes the complexity out of the way we think and do.
- Fearlessly, provides meaningful input that drives discussions to arrive at the fullest decisions.
- Possess grace under pressure.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent/relevant experience
- 5 years of Salesforce Administration experience
Additional Capabilities and Proficiencies:
- An excitement about WBUR’s mission to provide an essential public good: high quality journalism and enriching experiences that foster understanding, connection and community.
- Salesforce Administrator (ADM201 and ADM211) certification preferred.
- The following Trailhead Certifications are all a plus: Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Marketing Cloud Administrator, and/or Nonprofit Cloud Consultant.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and capabilities
- Proficiency in creating Salesforce profiles, allocating roles, and managing access
- Experience in project management
- Experience in IT and organizational processes and ability to accurately document processes
- Experience working at non-profit or membership-based organizations a plus
In an ongoing effort to enrich our organizational culture, WBUR is committed to building a staff and leadership team that reflects the diversity of our city, region and nation.
Designing an organization where everyone thrives, creating connection and community that permeates our workplace requires real change across all facets of what we do and who we are.
We must hire, support, develop, advance and retain diverse talent at all levels of the organization with a standard of inclusive excellence.
If you are excited by this opportunity and have a passion for our mission - whether you meet all or some of our criteria - we want to talk to you.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
The Difference Is Our DNA
What compelled the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to award Boston University a grant to fight newborn mortality in Zambia? Why did Martin Luther King, Jr. adopt BU as a place where he could hone his message of justice and equality? And what is the catalyst that prompts 32,557 students from 135 countries to call BU their home every semester? It’s in our DNA: an inherent desire in each of our students, faculty, and staff to vigorously and dauntlessly pursue knowledge—and embrace the unlimited possibilities that come with it.
A Community Unlike Any Other
As you can see below, it takes people, ideas, and a little luck (Boston, you’re our town) to make BU what it is today: one of the most dynamic universities in the world.
Celebrated thinkers: On any given day, students will find themselves mesmerized by Nobel Prize winners, a poet laureate, and the first biomedical engineer ever to receive a MacArthur Foundation “Genius Award,” among others.
Extraordinary teaching: When a classroom starts to percolate with new ideas, it’s because our faculty of scholars and accomplished practitioners know how to ignite students’ imaginations. That’s why we reward our best teachers with BU’s most prestigious honor: The Metcalf Cup and Prize.
Groundbreaking research: With faculty dedicated to a creative, interdisciplinary approach to problem solving, BU has become a leading global research institution—propelled forward by over $350 million a year in sponsored program revenue.
World-class students: Elite students from all 50 states and 135 countries pursue higher education on BU campuses in Boston and at programs in L.A., D.C., and more than 30 other cities on six continents.
A city within a city: Today, 80% of our undergrads live on campus, which could explain the 525 student activity groups alone.
The greatest college town in the world: Boston. ’Nuff said.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert