Instructor/Assistant Professor - Mathematics
- Georgia Highlands College
- GHC - Cartersville Instr. Site
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: GHC - Cartersville Instr. Site
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 249593
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.Job Summary
Tenure track faculty position in a multi-site college in the University System of Georgia. Teaching load is the equivalent of 30 semester hours across fall and spring semesters. Reporting to the division chair, the faculty member’s primary responsibility is preparing for and delivering instruction.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.Responsibilities
- Teaches 30 credit hours or equivalent per academic year as assigned (day, evening or weekend) at Georgia Highlands College
- Adopts and implements common course objectives as required by the division and discipline
- Manages courses through systematic use of appropriate syllabi and accurate professional records of students’ class performance, attendance and grades
- Announces and keeps regular office hours, dedicating 10 hours (or more) per week to assisting students
- Maintains involved and knowledgeable participation in academic advising of students as required by division
- Offers professional assistance in curriculum development, review, and instructional materials selection
- Participates in the extended work of the college through participation in committees of the college or faculty, student organizations, and attends division meetings, full faculty meetings, town hall meetings, in-service training, and graduation
- Engages in functions of evidence-based academic and program assessment, as required for accreditation, college compliance, and continuous review and improvement of student learning outcomes
- Demonstrates meaningful service to the community and to the profession
- Pursues continued professional development in academic discipline, technological applications for the classroom, and innovations and enhancement in teaching and learning
- Performs related duties
- Master's degree with 18 hours in Mathematics or related field.
- Experience using classroom and laboratory technology.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia.
Commensurate with relative experience and education.Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official transcripts must be submitted prior to start of employment)
- Ability to instruct College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and other lower level math courses consistent with STEM degrees.
- Knowledge of academic requirements
- Skills with instructional technology
- Organizational ability to keep accurate and timely records
- Time management skills
- Written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Applications will be reviewed as submitted.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert