IT Service Desk Supervisor - Office of Information Technology
- Bowie State University
- Bowie, MD
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
IT Service Desk SupervisorClass Title:
StaffRegular or Contingent II:
02/09/2023Open Until Filled:
NoDuties and Responsibilities :
- Leads the daily activities of the IT Service Des team, who support all IT Service Desk functions and DoIT operations.
- Continually assesses agent productivity and call activity in order to ensure maximum performance and fully supports department service standards.
- Monitor calls for quality, provide performance coaching and feedback.
- Sets and communicates goals and provides constructive feedback to create a high performance culture.
- Effectively communicates decisions to achieve understanding and acceptance of changes and/or direction.
- Collaborates with IT Operations to help meet the key operational objectives, along with providing seamless support to the end user.
- Collaborates with internal departments to rollout new initiatives, programs, systems, automation enhancements, and other technical solutions.
- Completes scheduled and ad-hoc productivity reports for Support Services Management.
- Provides timely escalation and initiates remediation efforts by engaging appropriate teams.
- Track attendance and performance of team and individuals.
- Assist in performance ratings of team members at year end.
- Manage the call queue to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Implement Process Improvements for Team.
- Recognize, evaluate and identify areas for improvement.
- Resolve escalations/issues without further escalation by providing superior customer service.
- Analyzes Service Desk trends to identify opportunities to improve the quality IT offerings.
- Assist in authoring, maintain, adherence to and improve operating policies, procedures and associated documentation.
- Contribute to and manage additional special projects assigned by the management team.
- Other: Interviewing candidates, providing input on hiring, training, client meetings, team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.Experience:
- 4 years of experience in an IT Service Desk capacity
- 2 years of leadership experience in a call center environment and/or within an IT Service Desk
- ITIL Foundation
- A+ Certification preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, stay organized, and effectively handle shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to positively lead a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to think creatively and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of IT system fundamentals
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide timely feedback related to customer service
Conditions of Employment :
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged but not required for eligible faculty and staff employed by Bowie State University. This protocol may be subject to change.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
Eligible for some remote hours.
Bowie State University, a member of the University System of Maryland (USM), is a regional, comprehensive, and historically black university. The University offers an array of baccalaureate and masters degree programs and a doctorate in education. Located between Washington, DC and Baltimore, the University includes a diverse faculty and student population.
Founded in 1865, Bowie State is the oldest Historically Black College/University in Maryland and one of the ten oldest in the country. It is also a diverse university whose 5,400 students, along with faculty and staff, come from many ethnic backgrounds. The University boasts a pastoral campus that is both serene and beautiful. With seven residence halls, the University is a hub of 24/7 undergraduate life, yet it also offers convenient evening classes and online courses to serve employed professionals seeking to move ahead in their vocations.
Bowie State upholds the System’s mission of providing high-caliber, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities. In addition to its 25 undergraduate majors, Bowie State offers 30 master's, doctoral, and advanced certification programs. Its advanced research facilities include one of the world's 100 most powerful supercomputers and a satellite operations control center managed in conjunction with NASA
We invite you to take a closer look at Bowie State; you will like what you see.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert