Post Doc Fellow, Engineering & Computing Education
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Science & Technology, Computer Science & Information Technology
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The College of Engineering and Applied Science, Department of Engineering and Computing Education is accepting applications to hire a Postdoctoral Fellow who is a self-motivated individual, ready to engage in Engineering Education research, specifically in the area of spatial cognition and its relationship to engineering success. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: assist with grant management; proposal preparation; data collection and analysis; and manuscript preparation. If warranted, may be asked to attend professional conferences and meetings.Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. required in Engineering Education, Educational Research, or closely related field. Requires an in-depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline.Good oral and written communication skills.Ability to work and collaborate effectively with students, faculty and staff from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in a specific Engineering or Science discipline.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Knowledge of basic statistical software analysis tools such as SPSS or R.
- Cover letter describing previous research experience, current research interests and goals.Vitae.Names and contact information for three (3) individuals who are familiar with your research and can be contacted to serve as a reference.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert