Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. About the College
The College of DAAP is one of the most comprehensive schools of art and design in the U.S. at one of the region's premier universities. Programs within DAAP are ranked among the very best in both a world and national class. The College’s research and creative work are transdisciplinary in nature. At the intersection of our creative disciplines and science, DAAP provides significant examples of transdisciplinary research and creative work to redefine how we want to live/interact/augment our capabilities with others and our built environment. Our creative disciplines work within the following research capacities: Health & Wellbeing, Creative Entrepreneurship, Urban Systems, Digital Culture, and Sustainable Living.
We invite you to become part of our dynamic team, supporting the University's mission and commitment to excellence through diversity and inclusion. To learn more, please visit www.uc.edu, www.daap.uc.edu, and research and innovation.Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning invites applications for a Director of Inclusive Excellence at the rank of Professor or Associate Professor. Reporting to the Dean and as a member of the Dean’s leadership team, the Director will lead the College in constructing a community vision of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice for all students, faculty, and staff. Working with a team, the Director will lead all DEI initiatives in the College —The Director will chair the DAAP Equity & Inclusion Committee, serve as the college representative to related University-wide initiatives, and become a designated Equal Opportunity Coordinator for the College. This is a 12-month appointment.Essential Functions
- Working directly with faculty, to provide resources, trainings, and expertise for faculty to expand the role of DEI in their curriculum.
- With the Dean, build relationships in the community for the purposes of recruiting and retaining students, identifying service learning, co-op/internship opportunities, or philanthropy to support historically underserved students.
- Work closely with other areas of the university such as Student Affairs and the Equity, Inclusion, and Community Involvement Office to inform the college’s goals and strategies.
- Teaching 2 courses per academic year in area of expertise.
- Administrative: Create regular reports related to college climate and other important metrics and access data as needed to inform this work.
- Coordinate student-facing events and co-curricular programs related to inclusion and supervise staff who implement these activities.
- Other related duties, as assigned by the Dean.
Terminal Degree (Master’s or PhD) within their respective discipline with credentials that are commensurate with a tenured, or tenure track professor.Required Experience
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
- A minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and a proven record of achieving related goals.
All applicants must apply online. Applicants must electronically submit:
- Cover letter of interest.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Provide names and contact information (email and telephone number) for three (3) to five (5) professional references.
- Diversity statement that describes the candidate's philosophy of creating an inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff, as well as specific examples of experience with related initiatives.
Applicants requiring sponsorship are not being considered at this time. Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN