- Rollins College
- Winter Park
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, International Programs, Institutional & Business Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities. Please click here to learn more.
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
Total Rewards & Compensation:
- 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 10 Days - Paid Holidays
- 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Plus More!
The hourly rate is $15.00. Click here to review our full benefits package.
The Campus Safety Office at Rollins College is seeking a service-oriented full-time Security Officer to join their team! The mission of the Campus Safety Office is to preserve a safe, secure campus environment where diverse social, cultural, and academic values are allowed to develop and prosper through a combination of reactive, proactive and educational safety services.
- Patrolling the campus on foot or by motor vehicle to ensure protection of all campus faculty, staff, students, and visitors, as well as all campus buildings, structures and property.
- Responding to all accidents, crimes and complaint calls occurring on campus property.
- Assisting motorists, students, employees, and visitors on campus.
- Answering calls for assistance, escorting students and others as requested.
- Maintaining necessary campus security records and reports.
- Enforcing traffic and parking regulations.
- Providing security at a variety of special functions held on campus.
- Administering first aid as necessary and call for emergency medical services.
- Assisting in implementation of safety/security programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Assisting in the monitoring of computerized security systems.
- Coordinating and working closely with local police and fire departments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of job-related experience.
- Valid Florida driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle report (MVR) are required to drive College vehicles.
- Possess and maintain CPR and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire.
- Possess and maintain State of Florida ‘Class D' security license within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern police practices and procedures.
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively meet the needs of and work collaboratively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty and public.
- Ability to use tact and good judgment in resolving work problems and dealing with the public, students, and staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills sufficient to prepare security incident reports.
- Ability to work in demanding and stressful situations.
- Front-facing customer service role on-campus (inside and outside).
- Work requires exposure to potentially dangerous situation, requires physical strain involving walking and standing for extended periods of time (must be able to run short distance, walk a flight of stairs, lift up to 50 pounds), and exposure to the elements.
The Campus Safety Office provides 24-hour response to call for service, provides routine and directed patrol activities, parking enforcement, and preliminary investigation of most campus incidents. The Security Officer roles are full-time 12-month appointments, scheduled to work 40 hours per week, 2080 hours a year.
This position is scheduled to work 2nd shift, 3:00pm - 11:00pm, with Tuesday and Wednesday off*.
*As a condition of employment in this position, the incumbents will be subject to call-in outside of regular hours in order to respond to emergencies, including the preparation and maintenance of College facilities, grounds, systems and services during inclement weather crises.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Click here to learn more about our commitment to Service Excellence at Rollins College!
To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493434/security-officer
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-093a17f7d176664b8670a524698a7191
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert