- Valencia College
- Orlando, Florida
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Here, a life is changed every day.
A possibility becomes a probability.
A dream becomes reality.
We invite you to join our community of passionate 8 Month Annually Appointed Mathematics faculty who are devoted to inspiring brighter tomorrows through the power of education. We are delighted to announce that these faculty opportunities are available at our various campuses located throughout the Orlando and Kissimmee area. For more than 50 years, our Valencia has proudly pioneered new ways to make secondary education accessible and equitable, while adopting innovative solutions to learning.
Valencia College is a place where opportunity extends to all. We are uniquely positioned to offer a quality education to everyone in our community, and we do not take our responsibility lightly. Given the rich diversity of the students and communities we serve, we seek to enrich the college with faculty who are committed to helping us meet our ambitious goals so that students of every race and ethnicity can achieve their dreams. If you are ready to help improve the educational and economic outlook for Central Florida, consider applying today!
- A Master’s degree with a major in mathematics, statistics or engineering from a regionally accredited institution OR 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics or statistics and a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required
- This position will require both online and and face to face teaching modalities
- Application collection begins: December 16, 2022
- Application closing Date: March 1st 2023
- Application review begins: Approximately March 1st, 2023
- Applicant engagement begins: Early March 2023
- Anticipated start date: August 22, 2023
Valencia’s Total Rewards:
Valencia College is committed to providing employees with a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Your total rewards include significantly more than just your base pay. Our total rewards program offers a wide-ranging combination of pay, benefits including paid medical and dental, extensive paid time off, professional development, work/life balance in a meaningful, collaborative work environment, and so much more…
We invite you to submit a complete online application including the following required materials:
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded at the time of application submission. Please Note: degree must be conferred by the time of hire.
- HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services. For a list of acceptable evaluation services, please visit https://www.naces.org/members.
- The names and contact information for three (3) professional references. Professional references will be contacted for finalist candidates only.
To be considered for the positions, applications must be received no later than Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
*Explore the Happiest Place to Call Home! Discover Life in Orlando
The winner of the inaugural Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, Valencia College is one of the largest community colleges in Florida, teaching more than 76,000 students annually.
But it's our quality of education, not size, that truly makes us great. Our Honors program is viewed by the National Collegiate and Southern Regional Honors Council as one of the exemplary programs in the nation. The Orlando Sentinel dubbed our fine-arts faculty one of the best in the region, and director Steven Spielberg called our film program one of the best anywhere. But the opinions that matter most are those of our students, and 92% say we met or exceeded their expectations on overall quality of education.
We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
We stand in the gap between what is and what can be. We pave a path to true potential. Whether it’s helping students land a dream job or continue on to the university of their Dreams, we do everything in our power to make that possible for each and every one of our students.
Recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment that encourages teamwork, creativity and the achievement of a true work/life balance.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We’re committed to helping our students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent.
We seek leaders. Inspirers. Motivators. Educational enthusiasts, passionate optimists and experienced realists. Individuals who not only believe in our students, but will help our students believe in themselves.
Valencia College has convenient locations throughout Central Florida and easily accessible by local freeways, expressways, and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal. With beautiful year-round weather, endless entertainment and dining options, and world-famous attractions, there's no shortage of incredible ways to spend your spare time.
1768 Park Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert