Canvas Customer Support Specialist (OPS) - ODL Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time: Job ID:
The office of Distance Learning (ODL) mission is to serve the entire FSU community, whether on-campus or at a distance, by providing exceptional digital learning opportunities and support.
This position is in person and located on the FSU campus. Once trained, members of the ODL Canvas Support group are responsible for providing support and assistance to all of FSU’s students, faculty, and staff for FSU’s Canvas course websites and related learning technologies, such as Kaltura, Ally, and Turnitin. Support Specialists support our customers through email, phone, and potentially in-person. ODL Support Specialists are expected to provide exemplary customer service, work efficiently and dependably in a team-based environment, and be able to research and test appropriate ways to resolve technical issues. Applicants should be prepared to think quickly, communicate positively, work independently, and proactively expand their knowledge of ODL policies, procedures, and Canvas related technologies.
Learn the Canvas learning management system and continuously build upon that knowledge. Work with clients through email, phone calls, and potentially in-person interactions. Communicate effectively, professionally, and courteously with students, faculty, and staff.
Write tutorials, workarounds, and news entries for our Canvas knowledge base. Complete various projects as assigned in-between support calls and emails.
High school diploma or equivalency.
- Basic computer competency.
- Ability to analyze situations and apply critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Close attention to detail.
- Past job experience in a technical support role.
- Technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML markup.
- Working knowledge of Canvas.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, latest Office Suite, and mobile systems such as Android and iOS.
In all that we do, we are committed to the following core values. A successful candidate should strive to meet or exceed each value when working in this position.
- Excellence in Service: We are committed to providing extraordinary service to our clients and will never be complacent about the quality of what we produce.
- Quality and Rigor: We are committed to providing the highest quality product and service possible, exceeding the rigorous standards of our educational institution.
- Accountability: We are committed to holding ourselves and our colleagues accountable for behavior, actions, and the outcomes we produce.
- Good Stewardship: We are committed to making the best use of the limited human, financial, and time resources available to us. We will treat these resources as if they were our own.
- Collegiality: We are committed to building positive, professional, and respectful relationships with our colleagues. We believe in respect, honesty, and fairness in all our interactions.
- Innovation: We are committed to a continuous journey of finding new and better ways to serve our clients through technology, pedagogy, and best practices.
These temporary OPS positions are offered by the Office of Distance Learning, located at the University Center C3500 in Doak Campbell Stadium.
Please note: We will contact qualified applicants about scheduling interviews.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
Introductory Rate: $14-15/hour
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
This is an OPS/temporary job.
Based on the duties, this position may require completion of a criminal history background check.
Hours per week: 30 to 40 hours/week
Office hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Occasionally work nights and weekends when extended hours are offered.
This position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.