Lecturer in Communications and Networks
- Cranfield University
- Cranfield, United Kingdom
- 45,751 to 63,059 per annum
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Science & Technology
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
School/Department: Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered
Contract type: Permanent
Salary:Full time starting salary is normally in the range of 45,751 to 50,798 per annum, with potential progression up to 63,059 per annum
Apply by: 19/02/2023
The Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber is a world-leading centre for research, education and consultancy on a diverse range of specialities in electronic and digital attack and protection. The Centre s capabilities are widely respected within the defence and security sector, serving an extensive range of students, clients and organisations.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- The ongoing development and delivery of a range of educational interventions, in particular MSc modules on the Military Electronic Systems Engineering and Battlespace Technology courses, as well as module leadership, development and organisation
- Pursue and deliver excellent research
- Supervising post-graduate students at Masters and Doctoral level
- Enhancing the Centre s professional standing, reputation and impact
You will be educated to doctoral level (or nearing completion) in a relevant academic subject and have experience of:
- An academic role, specialising in network security, cyber activities, communications electronic warfare or similar
- As a network security, cyber activities, communications electronic warfare or similar practitioner in the defence, public sector, or related industry sector, with potential to develop in the academic environment
With subject matter expertise in basic signal processing and communications, and wireless network systems, you will be a constructive and proactive team player. A strong peer-reviewed publication track record as main author is desirable.
As a specialist postgraduate university, Cranfield s world-class expertise, large-scale facilities and unrivalled industry partnerships are creating leaders in technology and management globally. Learn more about Cranfield and our unique impact here.
Our Values and Commitments
Our shared, stated values help to define who we are and underpin everything we do: Ambition; Impact; Respect; and Community. Find out more here.
We aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together and realise their full potential. We are a Disability Confident Employer and proud members of the Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme. We are committed to actively exploring flexible working options for each role and have been ranked in the Top 30 family friendly employers in the UK by the charity Working Families. Find out more about our key commitments to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Flexible Working here.
Collaborating and connecting are integral to so much of what we do. Our Working Arrangements Framework provides many staff with the opportunity to flexibly combine on-site and remote working, where job roles allow, balancing the needs of our community of staff, students, clients and partners.
How to apply
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Dr Phil Nobles at [email protected].
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert