Adjunct Lecturer, Civil Engineering
- Merrimack College
- North Andover, MA
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Adjunct Lecturer, Civil EngineeringPosted: August 15, 2022Position Code: N/APosition Description & Responsibilities: Adjunct, Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering within the School of Science & Engineering at Merrimack College is seeking applicants for the position of Adjunct Lecturer for the Spring 2023 semester. Instructors are needed for these lecture and lab based undergraduate and graduate courses:
- CEN 3030 Transportation Engineering
- CEN 3030L Transportation Engineering Lab
- Transportation Design course such as
- CEN 4040/5040 Geometric Design or Highways, or
- CEN 4042/5042 Traffic Engineering, or
- CEN 4044/5044 Transportation Planning & Systems Analysis
The spring semester begins on Tuesday, January 17th. Lecture section capacity varies depending on the course (typically between 20-30). Lab sections are capped at 14-16 students. All classes will be taught in-person in the classroom and/or lab.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or related discipline, with college-level teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Preference for candidates who also have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.Teaching statement explaining the candidate’s teaching philosophy and interest.Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert