Assistant Professor - Psychology
- Texas A&M University Commerce
- Commerce, TX
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Special Education, Social Sciences, Psychology & Behavioral Science
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Psychology and Special Education is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Psychology with responsibilities in teaching, research, and service to the university and community. Area of interest/research is open, although the preferred candidate would be able to teach courses related to Experimental Psychology, including Statistics and Research Methods and Physiological Psychology at the undergraduate and graduate level. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to training doctoral-level experimental Psychology students. This position will begin Fall 2023.
Individuals must have a doctorate in Psychology (or closely related field) prior to Fall 2023.
The position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank. Summer teaching is optional but not guaranteed. The position will primarily serve the Ph.D. program in Psychology but may contribute to other graduate and undergraduate courses in the Department of Psychology and Special Education. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence, scholarly activity and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
Texas A&M University-Commerce offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels to over 12,000 students. Located one-hour East from downtown Dallas, Commerce is a community with a rich combination of local music, festivals and other unique entertainment. Texas A&M University Commerce is actively working towards Hispanic Serving Institution status in order to better serve this fastest-growing demographic group of the state and region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide teaching excellence to graduate and undergraduate students in Psychology and other graduate programs;
- Engage in scholarly activities, including experimental research;
- Advise graduate students in research;
- Teach courses in the department of Psychology and Special Education;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of psychological research, best practices in teaching graduate level classes, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity. Cover letters should include a statement of the candidate’s experience with and philosophy on diversity.
- Education: Doctorate in Psychology (or closely related field) prior to Fall 2023.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to training of doctoral-level psychology students.
- University teaching experience. Online teaching experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Commitment to diversity and working in multicultural contexts.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Supervision of graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
We are Commerce. We are Lions!
Welcome! We are excited that you want to forge your future with a career at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Our main campus is located in Commerce, Texas, at the eastern edge of North Texas with multiple instructional sites as well as a robust online presence. We are proud to be one of the largest universities in the prestigious Texas A&M University System.
Since 1889 A&M-Commerce has educated the people of Texas and, ever increasingly, points beyond. We remain true to our founder William Leonidas Mayo’s creed of “ceaseless industry, fearless investigation, unfettered thought, and unselfish service to others.”
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to and promotes equal opportunity for all. This commitment includes equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and program accessibility. It is also committed to make its workplaces, campuses, and programs accessible to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Furthermore, we encourage and foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to Diversity.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (903) 468-8741 or [email protected].
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert