Adjunct Faculty - Culinary Arts Instructor
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Fond du Lac, WI
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Applications are being accepted for an Adjunct Faculty-Culinary Arts Instructor at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. Class assignments may vary from term to term, including instruction in various aspects of food production such as soups and sauces; meats, fish and poultry, vegetables and potatoes, cold food production and baking. Additional courses may include areas such as nutrition, sanitation and safety, restaurant operations, menu planning and meat analysis. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Trades.
Adjunct pay rates may vary between $38.50 - $42.50/hour based on course configuration.Responsibilities
1. Prepare for and facilitate learning in the assigned courses according to the College’s core values. Establish a professional and safe learning environment. Set the classroom tone by modeling appropriate workplace skills and behavior. Maintain a positive climate for learning by performing classroom management and being aware of, monitoring and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
2. Meet the student learning needs by incorporating a variety of teaching methods and assessments.
3. Maintain student records and documentation. Submit grades within the expected timeframe. Provide timely verbal and written feedback to the students to ensure continued growth and development.
4. Actively participate in professional growth activities, such as: networking and sharing with and among faculty across the College, memberships and professional organizations, accepting and incorporating guidance and support from peers and supervisors, staying up-to-date with technology trends, maintaining occupational competence, staying current in the field and creating and maintaining a professional development plan. Assist with mentoring other full-time and adjunct faculty.
5. Maintain equipment and supplies for the classroom and labs, as necessary to support the assigned program area and future trends in industry. Work with supervisor to identify alternative funding sources as needed.
1. Associate Degree.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of paid work experience related to the program(s) being taught, including one (1) year (2,000 hours) of related paid work experience that has been acquired within the past five (5) years. In lieu of this one (1) year (2,000 hours) of recent experience, two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the past five (5) years may be considered. (Two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience means eight (8) semesters of part-time teaching or four (4) semesters of full-time teaching at an accredited institution).
3. Instructors must provide documentation of current certification as a ServSafe Instructor or ServSafe Food Manager and a copy of a minimum 90% test score by the National Restaurant Association Solutions.
4. Qualified instructors have performed the following job duties:
• Computer Technology Related to Food Service
• Recipe Conversion
• Portion Control
• Food Purchasing
• Quality Food Control
• Sanitation and Safety
• Inventory Control
• Food Preparation
• Nutritional Analysis of Menus
• Work with State Licensing and Inspection Codes
• Cost Control
• Organize/Plan/Direct Kitchen Supervision
5. Ability to adapt to meet student needs, including flexibility in scheduling, workload, and type/variety of communication.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas and concepts in a professional manner. Ability to adjust to variance in communication and learning styles of students. Ability and willingness to communicate regularly with students and other internal and external customers.
7. Ability to understand and promote the educational philosophy and programs that MPTC offers. Willingness to grow and evolve with the College’s educational philosophy.
8. Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
9. Experience with the MS Office Suite, the internet, social media and email. Ability to deliver instruction at NRS levels 1-6. Ability and willingness to learn new technologies. Experience with online learning platforms, student management systems, and educational assessments including the Test of Adult Basic Education or TABE.
10. Ability and willingness to continuously learn and accept constructive feedback.
11. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to manage time and schedule effectively. Excellent problem solving skills.
12. Previous community involvement and a desire to give back to the profession and community.
13. Must meet Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements as detailed in Chapter TCS 3 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert