Biology - Adjunct Professor
- Mt. San Antonio College
- $80.63 per hour (based on lecture hour equivalent)
- Faculty Jobs
- Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Life Sciences
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Biology - Adjunct Professor
Posting Number: A-006-2022
Department: Biological Sciences
Division: Natural Sciences
Salary: $80.63 per hour (based on lecture hour equivalent)
Open Date: 07/18/2022
Close Date: 6/30/2023
Initial Screening Date: 06/30/2023
Open Until Filled No
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Teach courses in Biology such as General Biology for non-majors, General Biology for majors, Marine Biology, Microbiology, as well as other courses in the Biological Sciences, depending on candidate’s background.
2. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities and College, division, and department policies.
3. Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions.
4. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Master’s in any biological science; OR
2. Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science; OR
3. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions included in the application); OR 4. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355. (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
This position may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Health & Welfare:
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will need to answer the equivalency questions included in the application.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report. The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Two (2) letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
For more details about this position, please contact:
Name: Elizabeta Meyer
Title: Department Chair, Biological Sciences
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (909) 274-4149
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Interviews may include a writing sample, presentation, teaching demonstration and/or performance test.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/9451
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-8c86e5ac6f4f2f4fa4938c6df5830909
Mt. San Antonio College provides the full college experience without the full college debt. As a nonprofit California Community College, Mt. SAC is known for providing a top-tier education and extensive student services while keeping classes at just $46 a unit.
The campus sits on 420 rolling acres in Walnut, California, located on the eastern edge of the Greater Los Angeles Area. The city of Walnut is considered one of the Best Small Towns to Live In by Money Magazine, which highlighted only one other California town. A diverse suburb just 25 miles from Downtown Los Angeles, Walnut is known for its nationally reknowned schools and equestrian community. The city combines the charms of rural living with the benefits of being located just 25 miles from Downtown Los Angeles.
Mt. San Antonio College serves everyone, from residents to working professionals and international students. Its local College District boundaries encompass the communities of Baldwin Park, Bassett, Charter Oak, Covina, Diamond Bar, the southern portion of Glendora, Hacienda Heights, City of Industry, Irwindale, La Puente, La Verne, Pomona, Rowland Heights, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, and West Covina. Learn about our district and trustees.
At Mt. San Antonio College, diversity is what brings our campus to life. Our students come from unique backgrounds and are all at different places in their lives. Some are here straight from high school, while others have families and full-time jobs, but they are all here for the same reason: to achieve their goals through education. We proudly serve more than 50,000 students from all walks of life. About half of our students are seeking degrees and certificates. The other half are enjoying community programs, workforce development classes and other non-credit courses. Learn more about demographics on our Facts and Stats page.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert