Assistant/Associate Professor of Cybersecurity
- Champlain College
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Assistant/Associate Professor of Cybersecurity
Champlain College invites applications for a faculty position in the Division of Information Technology & Sciences. This is an on-campus role located in Burlington, VT. The position will primarily serve the undergraduate program in Computer Networking & Cybersecurity. The expected start date is July 2023. New hires are normally made at the rank of Assistant Professor but highly qualified candidates may be hired at the rank of Associate Professor.
Primary teaching responsibilities consist of in-class instruction of courses in the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity major. Faculty will be expected to teach in-depth and hands-on technical courses in Cybersecurity topics such as Computer and Network Security, Systems Administration, and Networking. Secondary teaching responsibilities may include courses in the Computer Science or Digital Forensics majors. Small class sizes optimize instructor-student interaction; hands-on activities translate theory into practice. Because the College is entrepreneurial and market-driven, academic programs respond to industry dynamics. Consequently, the College values current industry and other "real world" experiences for its faculty and students.
The typical teaching load is four courses per semester. While there are no research requirements for retention, ongoing professional activity/development is strongly encouraged and supported. Out-of-classroom responsibilities include course/curriculum development, student advising, industry outreach, student team/project/club supervision, and service to the department, division, and college.
Information about the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity major and the curriculum can be found at:
More information about the Division of Information Technology and Sciences can be found at:
The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in a cybersecurity-related field. As Champlain College highly values practical experience, consideration will be given to candidates with a bachelor's degree plus significant industry accomplishments. All candidates must have at least 3 years of professional experience and be able to demonstrate a commitment to teaching and working with diverse populations.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching, or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence of Champlain College. In your cover letter, please include a demonstration of your commitment to diversity and inclusion.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=157891&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
An educational pioneer since 1878, Champlain is a college where students and faculty don't just respond to opportunities -- they create them. We've introduced new fields of study, like Game Design and Computer & Digital Forensics, and offer majors with a specific focus, like e-Business Management, Digital Filmmaking and Public Relations. Champlain's three-dimensional education -- another pioneering concept -- integrates relevant, professionally focused studies with a rigorous Core curriculum and practical Life Skills program.
All this innovation thrives in our can-do culture, where people with diverse talents pool their skills in enterprising ways. Here students help each other launch new businesses, students and faculty collaborate on research and service, and the college creates partnerships with the community. Our city, Burlington, is the ultimate college town with a hip vibe, a thriving music scene and great food, from Doughboys doughnuts to Bove's family-recipe Italian. It's as original, forward-looking and down-to-earth as Champlain College, and a place it's easy to call home.
Champlain College endeavors to be a leader in educating today's students to become skilled practitioners, effective professionals and engaged global citizens. Champlain's agile and entrepreneurial approach to higher education uniquely blends technology leadership, market savvy, innovation and fiscal responsibility with a commitment to liberal learning, community involvement and "the human touch." This distinctive approach permeates the delivery of relevant, rigorous student-centered programs in business, arts, applied technology and public service.
- Achieve Distinctive Academic Excellence: Champlain College will offer challenging, innovative academic programs that align with the needs of the workplace and serve the unique needs of its three distinct student populations. These include: (1) an unparalleled traditional undergraduate experience that combines professional programs with a unique interdisciplinary core augmented by learning in life skills; (2) an adult undergraduate curriculum of relevant, life-long education leading to professional advancement; and (3) graduate education that expands technical competence, inspires critical thinking, embraces reflective learning and infuses the joy of life-long learning. All Champlain graduates will have the capacity to attain leadership roles in their various fields due to their professional skills as well as their abilities to think critically and creatively and to communicate effectively.
- Enrich Student Life: We will enrich student life for all Champlain students by providing experiences that embrace student development, personal responsibility, the application of life skills and career path development, and participation in the larger community.
- Enhance Financial Stability: Champlain College will operate from a position of financial strength. It is only through the careful management of resources that the College will have the resources needed for continuous improvement.
- Excite, Engage, and Empower Faculty & Staff: Engaged and empowered faculty and staff work and teach with passion, drive and innovation and move the College forward in order to achieve our vision. Over the next ten years, we will continually work to ensure that Champlain faculty and staff recognize and honor the Champlain College culture while building a high performance environment in which staff and faculty excel and will become a leader in our ability to recruit, retain, develop and celebrate staff and faculty crucial to our success.
- Fostering an Inclusive & Diverse Community: Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain will be diverse in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community will have a sense of being a valued member of the College community.
The Champlain College education is a career-driven experience whose rigorous interdisciplinary studies endow students with the three essential personal dimensions required for a gratifying career and a remarkable life:
- Top-line professional capabilities in your chosen field
- A fully-developed intellect with keen reasoning abilities and a global perspective
- Vital life management skills
You'll emerge from this process as a leader in your profession, one whose exceptional capacities reflect the integrity of our award-winning faculty, our pragmatic curricula and our innovative hands-on approach to learning.
This integrity permeates each of the fundamental elements of a Champlain College education:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert