- University of Idaho
- $49,301 annually or higher depending on experience
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
University of Idaho
Location: Idaho Falls
Division/College: University Outreach - Idaho Falls
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $49,301 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Post-Doctoral Researcher will be responsible for managing the lab and will play an integral role in achieving the vision of RADICL. Duties will include working with a team of graduate students, professors, and industry leaders to coordinate our efforts as we expand RADICL on an engineering scale, build a microgrid, and develop a private cloud computing network to be shared across the State of Idaho.
Since 2004, the Reconfigurable Attack-Defend Instructional Computing Laboratory (RADICL) has provided an immersive research and educational experience for students, teaching detection and defense against cyberattacks. Several faculty members from both UI and ISU are currently developing an innovative training environment for researchers, faculty, educators, students, and trainees to collaborate in a controlled, ”live-fire” environment, singular to any other such facility currently available in the United States. We will expand the RADICL to provide hybrid virtual and physical platforms of information technology systems and cyber-physical systems subject to a range of current cybersecurity challenges. RADICL will provide a unique Adversary as a Service using real, physical systems and realistic cyber-attacks that threaten national security. This immersive learning environment is reconfigurable, redeployable, and replayable. This will allow researchers to craft robust threat scenarios and test countermeasures that foster student-driven learning.
- Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field, by date of hire
- Candidates must show evidence of publishing in peer reviewed journals and conferences
- Experience designing and deploying complex TCP/IP networks and DNS
- Experience in managing a variety of operating systems
- Experience designing and managing cyber-physical systems including but not limited to internet of things and programmable logic controllers and other industrial systems
- Ability to maintain excellent documentation
Experience with any of the following:
- IT management
- Servers and private cloud deployments
- Building custom cyber-physical systems
- Industrial Control Systems
- Electrical engineering
- Cybersecurity (particularly the Purdue Model and MITRE ATT&CK Framework)
- Grant Management
- Experience with the following OS and programs: BSD, Rocky, Ubuntu, oVirt, FreeIPA, BIND, pfSense, SecurityOnion, Malcolm, ELK Stack, Zeek, Docker, and/or Ansible
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP003715P
Posting Date: 12/08/2022
Closing Date: 3/13/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert