Post Doc Fellow, Chemical Engineering
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Engineering & Mathematics, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Dr. Joo-Youp Lee’s research group in Chemical Engineering at the University of Cincinnati is currently accepting applications for a post-doctoral fellow position. The Lee lab (https://joo-youplee-lab.weebly.com/) is developing an innovative ionizable lipid-based mRNA delivery system for cancer immunotherapy. Candidates with a strong background in organic/polymer chemistry, synthesis, and characterization for biomaterials and drug/gene delivery are strongly encouraged. Candidates with knowledge and experience in biochemistry and immunology for the development of gene and drug delivery systems are ideal.Essential Functions
Successful candidates will conduct research and development for the synthesis, characterization, in vitro and in vivo evaluations of Dr. Lee’s patent-pending ionizable lipids-based lipid nanoparticle (LNP) technology for mRNA delivery.Required Education
Doctoral Degree in Chemistry, Bioengineering, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering is required by the appointment date.Additional Qualifications Considered
- Strong background in synthesis and characterization of lipids, polymers, and/or biomaterials is ideal.
- Strong publications record.
- Experiences in cell culture, assays, and other molecular biology techniques are a plus but not required.
- Experience in the gene therapy field is desirable.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert