Adjunct Faculty - Health Science Pool
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Fond du Lac, WI
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Moraine Park Technical College is establishing a pool of candidates for potential Adjunct Faculty in Health Science for the Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, and West Bend campuses. This pool of applicants could include interest in the following: Medical Assistant, Medical Office Management, Respiratory Therapy, Radiography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Health Information Technology, Medical Coding, Medical Lab Technician, and Health and Wellness areas. This pool will stay active from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023. After this time period, you will receive an email asking you to resubmit an application if you are still interested in potential adjunct opportunities.
Class assignments and locations may vary from term to term. This instructor may be asked to teach at various sites within the Moraine Park District to include campus, center and business locations, and may be required to teach on evenings, weekends, and online. This person reports to the Associate Dean of Health.
Adjunct pay rates may vary between $38.50 - $42.50/hour based on course configuration.
- Prepare for and facilitate learning in the assigned courses according to the College’s core values. Establish a professional and safe learning environment. Set the classroom tone by modeling appropriate workplace skills and behavior. Maintain a positive climate for learning by performing classroom management and being aware of, monitoring and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
- Meet the student learning needs by incorporating a variety of teaching methods and assessments.
- Maintain student records and documentation. Submit grades within the expected timeframe. Provide timely verbal and written feedback to the students to ensure continued growth and development.
- Actively participate in professional growth activities, such as: networking and sharing with and among faculty across the College, memberships and professional organizations, accepting and incorporating guidance and support from peers and supervisors, staying up-to-date with technology trends, maintaining occupational competence, staying current in the field and creating and maintaining a professional development plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in the instructional area being taught is required for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Health Information Technology, Health and Wellness, Medical Lab Technician, Radiography, and Respiratory Therapy (Master’s Degree are preferred). Associate’s degree required for Medical Assistant and Medical Office Management courses as well as some certificate or specialty courses (Bachelor’s degree are preferred). Specific occupational certifications may be required dependent upon the (1) program assignment and (2) individual course requirement.
- PT Faculty Occupational Experience Standards. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of paid work experience related to the program(s) being taught, including one (1) year (2,000 hours) of related paid work experience that has been acquired within the past five (5) years. In lieu of this one (1) year (2,000 hours) of recent experience, two (2) years of postsecondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the past five (5) years may be considered. (Two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience means eight (8) semesters of part-time teaching or four (4) semesters of full-time teaching at an accredited institution.)
- Ability to adapt to meet student needs, including flexibility in scheduling, workload, and type/variety of communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas and concepts in a professional manner. Ability to adjust to variance in communication and learning styles of students. Ability and willingness to communicate regularly with students and other internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand and promote the educational philosophy and programs that MPTC offers. Willingness to grow and evolve with the College’s educational philosophy.
- Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
- Experience with the MS Office Suite, the internet, and email. Ability and willingness to learn new technologies. Experience with online learning platforms and student management systems preferred.
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and accept constructive feedback.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to manage time and schedule effectively. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Previous community involvement and a desire to give back to the profession and community.
- Must meet Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements as detailed in Chapter TCS 3 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert