Assistant Professor, Political Science
- Rollins College
- Winter Park
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Ethnic & Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science & International Relations
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant Professor, Political Science
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The Department of Political Science at Rollins College invites applications for the position of tenure-track Assistant Professor of Political Science, beginning August 2023. We seek a broadly trained IR or comparative scholar with interests in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East. Applicants able to contribute to Rollins' interdisciplinary programs in African & African American Studies, Asian Studies, and Middle Eastern & North African Studies, are especially welcome. Ph.D. at time of appointment is preferred, but ABDs will be considered.
The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence in a liberal arts institution. Our department is committed to diversity and inclusion - and faculty regularly engage in student/faculty collaborative summer research, international field studies, and honors thesis supervision. The regular teaching load is three courses per semester, including one course yearly for our general education program.
Founded in 1885, Rollins is Florida's oldest recognized college. Rollins is an independent, comprehensive, residential liberal arts college. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and for its unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation's most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. For the last 10 years, U.S. News & World Report ranked Rollins No. 1 or No. 2 among southern regional universities. Rollins is one of only 36 Ashoka U Changemaker Campuses in the world. For additional information, please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Ph.D. (or ABD) in Political Science with a specialization in International Relations or Comparative Politics.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence in a liberal arts institution.
- Shows potential to effectively educate and mentor a diverse student population.
- Record of scholarly activity showing strong potential for future publication.
Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants must apply online via the College's employment website and upload the following materials as follows:
- Letter of interest outlining teaching philosophy
- Curriculum vita
- Sample of scholarly writing
- Teaching evaluations (if applicable)
- Provide three reference names and email addresses on application
**Applications are due by February 10, 2022.**
Inquiries can be directed to:
Chair, Department of Political Science
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
- Paid Holidays and College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
Click here to review our full benefits package.
To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493425/assistant-professor-political-science
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-451a081692077e42acc7bd7796eed7fc
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert