Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Intern
- Juniata College
- Huntingdon, PA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach InternPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
Juniata College, an NCAA Division III Institution, invites applications for a 12-month, intern level, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. Juniata is a co-educational, liberal arts college and highly regarded for its academic excellence. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; assisting the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach/Director of the Fitness Center with all operations of the strength and conditioning program, including but not limited to, developing and implementing training programs for Juniata’s 24 varsity sport programs.
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in all operations of the Strength and Conditioning program including developing and implementing training programs for Juniata’s 24 varsity sport programs.
- Oversee the hiring, training and development of volunteer interns and student employees including handling administrative paperwork and education.
- Monitor access to fitness center exclusively for Juniata students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Track liability waiver completion and fitness center usage via software platform system.
- Collaborate with coaches and Athletic Trainers to monitor strength, fitness and rehabilitation programs.
- Stay abreast of current advances in physiology and kinesiology of human
- performance while bringing creative approaches, ideas and solutions to supervisor.
- Supervise and perform routine daily, weekly, monthly yearly maintenance of
- Work with Athletic Operations staff to put in work orders for facility maintenance as needed.
- Manage community and facility memberships.
- Ability to teach or assist with Juniata Exercise Science and Kinesiology Program of Emphasis (POE) dependent on qualifications.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with campus partners
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.…AA/EOEPosition Qualifications:
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- NSCA certification required
- Experience at Collegiate level preferred
- Knowledge and adherence to Juniata College, NCAA Division III and Conference (Landmark and CVC) rules and regulations
This is a 12 month position that includes a monthly stipend, room, board and full benefits.Supervision Required/Given:
· Reports to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach/Director of the Fitness Center· Supervises volunteer interns and student employees
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College strongly encourages the Covid-19 vaccine and bivalent booster for all Faculty and staff.Open Date:
10/03/2022Open Until Filled:
Working at Juniata College
Juniata College's mission is to provide an engaging personalized educational experience empowering our students to develop the skills, knowledge and values that lead to a fulfilling life of service and ethical leadership in the global community.
Founded in 1876, Juniata is a national liberal arts college located in the scenic Allegheny Mountain region of central Pennsylvania and is the intellectual home for 1,600 students and nearly 14,000 alumni. The College ranks highly in the percentage of graduates that eventually earn doctoral degrees. Juniata integrates international, intercultural and global dimensions into its curriculum and experiential learning opportunities and was awarded the 2012 Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization. Juniata is known for the personal attention it gives to students and flexible areas of study (its Program of Emphasis resembles a major but is more flexible, encouraging students to design a program of study and justify their choices. About a third of Juniata students self-design their entire POE.) Each student is assigned two faculty advisers, and the average student-faculty ratio is 13:1.
Juniata is a very strong community where student involvement is paramount. There are no fraternities or sororities. The student clubs and organizations (over 90 currently) have a positive impact on the Juniata community and on the larger community of Huntingdon and the surrounding area.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy not because of legal obligations but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity. AA/EEO
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert