Career and Experiential Education Administrative Assistant
- Mount St. Joseph University
- Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH, 452331670
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Clerical & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Career Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Travel Percentage: None
Job Category: Admin - ClericalDescription Status: Non-ExemptPurpose: Provide support and assistance with workflows, budgets, and the overall operations of department, facilities, and events. Duties:
- Create a welcoming environment for visitors including students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate office workflow and overall operations of the Career Center.
- Provide information about and support for career fairs, events, service-learning, cooperative education, and prior learning assessment.
- Provide administrative support services to the Director and staff.
- Track registrations and payments for Prior Learning Assessments (e.g. CLEP, Direct Award of Credit, etc.) in conjunction with campus partners.
- Manage inventory of office supplies, publications, and promotional materials.
- Assist the Director with managing budget activities, reports, and processes.
- Manage the purchase order process, online accounts, memberships, and credit card account for the department.
- Oversee, plan, and implement recognition/celebration award ceremonies.
- Manage, coordinate, and respond to inquiries in the assigned phone, email accounts, and calendars, and assist others, as requested.
- Facilitate recruiting activities, schedules, correspondence, and logistics.
- Ensure agendas, minutes, and other records are ready/available for the Career Center's Advisory Board, team meetings, and other activities, as directed.
- Manage data entry for cooperative education, service-learning, prior learning assessment, etc. in University and career management systems.
- Generate reports each semester detailing placements, faculty coordination assignments, and salary information for the co-op program.
- Support planning and manage the implementation of events, programming, print/digital materials, invitations, promotional items, registrations, correspondence, set-up/clean-up, and assist during events.
- Provide instruction/assistance to users of the University's career management system (Handshake).
- Supervise co-op and student workers, as assigned.
- Handle personal and confidential information regarding students, faculty, staff, and employers in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Participate in relevant professional development opportunities to stay abreast of emerging trends related to education, employment, industry, and training; suggest changes/enhancements as appropriate.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as needed.
- Occasionally work weekends or evenings as necessary. Minimal local travel.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Exhibit a customer first attitude with faculty/staff, students, alumni, and stakeholders. Provide exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions, demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff-stakeholder customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify customer needs.
- Demonstrate high energy, an enthusiastic approach to duties, and a commitment to liberal arts education.
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with others to achieve office, division, and University goals.
- Assist in various responsibilities within the Career & Experiential Education Center and Academic Affairs, especially during high service demand times.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, and co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others.
- Demonstrate empathy with people from a variety of backgrounds and situations.
- Takes a proactive approach to engaging others and keeping key parties informed.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Ensure the accuracy of the information that is provided to others.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion. Organize workload so as to meet deadlines related to planning and implementing events.
- Ability to perform tasks as appropriate without direct supervision.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mount St. Joseph University delivers high-quality academics, hands-on experiential learning and personalized attention from faculty and staff dedicated to your success. We consistently live a culture of ethics and service in everything we do.
A Mount education is based on an interdisciplinary liberal art and professional curricula emphasizing values, integrity, and social responsibility.
Our highly interdisciplinary, liberal arts curriculum challenges students to think outside their major and connect diverse subject matter. A robust offering of majors, double majors, and minors prepares you for a successful future.
Read more about our high-quality academics the majors, minors, and programs offered.
Cooperative and experiential education
The Mount is dedicated to you, our students, in delivering hands-on experiential learning needed to build confidence and future professional success. Nearly one-third of students who participate in cooperative education (co-op) accept full-time employment with their co-op employers.
5701 Delhi Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert