Associate/Professor - Nursing
- The University of Alabama
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Nursing
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
0813421Number of Open Positions::
Associate Professor/ProfessorOther Title Information::
Associate/Professor - NursingOrganization::
223101 - NURSING DEAN'S OFFICEPosition Summary::
Seeking a Tenure Track Associate/Full Professor with a broad range of experience to teach primarily in our graduate programs. Five years of teaching experience and an established record of research are preferred. The Capstone College of Nursing has over 2,300 students enrolled in programs leading to BSN, MSN, DNP, EdD and PhD degrees. At the MSN level, we offer concentrations for Nurse Administrators, Family Nurse Practitioners, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners. We offer both post BSN and post MSN entry points in our DNP and PhD programs. Our Joint Nursing Science PhD Program with UAH provides opportunities for doctoral level teaching and dissertation advisement.Ad Text::
A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field is required. A doctorate outside of nursing must hold a Master’s degree in nursing. Additional requirements include licensure as a registered nurse in Alabama. Advanced practice experience and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner preferred.
This is a tenure earning position, which is not a distance-based position. Faculty are expected to be present on campus.
The University of Alabama is the oldest pubic university and the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama. The Tuscaloosa campus has been recognized as one of the most beautiful campuses in the U.S. Our MSN program is consistently ranked among the top 20 in the U.S. Located in Tuscaloosa, a metropolitan area of approximately 160,000, with a vibrant economy , moderate climate, and a reputation across the south as an innovative, progressive community with a high quality of life, and easy access to mountains, large cities and seashore.UA EEO Statement:
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, genetic or family medical history information, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants to and employees of this institution are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more.
“EEO is the Law” https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
02/11/2022Expected Starting Date::
NursingPost To Ihe:
The University of Alabama embodies an academic community that demands excellence in teaching, research and service and provides an inclusive, nurturing environment for the discovery of knowledge and the development of well-rounded leaders. Founded in 1831 as Alabama's first public college and known as the Capstone of Higher Education, UA provides a premier undergraduate and graduate education built upon global engagement, high-quality scholarship, outstanding teaching, and diversity and inclusivity throughout the community.
The University of Alabama will advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the state, the nation and the world through the creation, translation and dissemination of knowledge with an emphasis on quality programs in the areas of teaching, research and service.
The University of Alabama will be known as the university of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama, and all students who seek exceptional educational opportunities. The University of Alabama will be a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhance the quality of life for all Alabamians and the citizens of the nation and the world.
Our Core Values
The University of Alabama is committed to:
- Undergraduate education that produces socially-conscious, ethical and well-rounded leaders who are grounded in their subject matter and capable of controlling their own destinies.
- Graduate education that is deeply vested in subject matter knowledge, professional content, research skills and creative activity.
- Public outreach and service that is held in the highest regard and fosters impactful public engagement to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Alabama, the nation and the world.
- Campus life that embodies collaboration, collegiality, respect and a culture of inclusivity.
Our Strategic Goals
- Provide a premier undergraduate and graduate education that offers a global perspective and is characterized by outstanding teaching, high-quality scholarship and distinctive curricular and co-curricular programs. Increase the University’s productivity and innovation in research, scholarship and creative activities that impact economic and societal development.
- Enrich our learning and work environment by providing an accepting, inclusive community that attracts and supports a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Provide opportunities and resources that facilitate work-life balance and enhance the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty and staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert