Assistant Professor - Educational Leadership
- Texas A&M University Commerce
- Commerce, TX
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Teacher Education
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Educational Leadership is seeking an Assistant Professor for a 9-month tenure-track position. This position will begin in the Fall 2023. Faculty at Texas A&M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach master’s and doctoral level courses in educational leadership;
- Design, conduct, and publish research;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and face-to-face at any of the university’s sites; instructional duties may include teaching during the day, the evening, or Saturday;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university, public schools, and the community;
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning via research, best practices, and technological applications in the classroom that include online instruction; and
- Chair dissertations to completion.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity; thus, candidates should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues and their potential applications to instruction, programming, and service.
- Education: doctorate in educational leadership or educational administration from a regionally-accredited U.S. university
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills: strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals; strong written and oral communication skills; commitment to high quality instruction; dedication to high standards and student success; record of or potential for scholarship; strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Ability to: multitask and work collegially as part of a team
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: principal and/or superintendent certification
- Physical Requirements: not applicable
- Other Requirements: not applicable
- 3 years of K-12 teaching experience
- Experience teaching online in higher education
- 3 years of experience as an assistant principal, principal, assistant/associate/deputy superintendent, superintendent or any combination thereof
- Experience teaching in a graduate program
- Experience chairing dissertations to completion
- Texas principal and superintendent certification
- Record of publication
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
We are Commerce. We are Lions!
Welcome! We are excited that you want to forge your future with a career at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Our main campus is located in Commerce, Texas, at the eastern edge of North Texas with multiple instructional sites as well as a robust online presence. We are proud to be one of the largest universities in the prestigious Texas A&M University System.
Since 1889 A&M-Commerce has educated the people of Texas and, ever increasingly, points beyond. We remain true to our founder William Leonidas Mayo’s creed of “ceaseless industry, fearless investigation, unfettered thought, and unselfish service to others.”
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to and promotes equal opportunity for all. This commitment includes equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and program accessibility. It is also committed to make its workplaces, campuses, and programs accessible to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Furthermore, we encourage and foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to Diversity.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (903) 468-8741 or [email protected].
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert