Director of Admissions, School of Nursing Georgetown University Medical Center
- Georgetown University
- Washington D.C.
- Executive Administration Jobs
- C-Level & Executive Directors
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment, Health & Medical Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Director of Admissions, School of Nursing Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Director of Admissions, School of Nursing - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University School of Nursing is a values-based organization that educates the health workforce and advances practice, research, and scholarship, with a strong focus on reducing health disparities and promoting health equity. The school houses academic degree programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
We seek a qualified professional to lead the admissions activities for all of its programs, both undergraduate and graduate, in-residence and online.
The Director of Admissions has main areas of responsibility that include but are not limited to:
- Serve as main point of contact and strategic partner for online vendor responsible for graduate admissions
- Monitor data analytics to ensure that the employed strategies are producing desired results
- Oversee recruitment and admissions related activities for all of the SON online graduate nursing programs; complete a holistic review with faculty of all applications for online nursing programs, and manage admissions decisions process for all programs
- Assist in the formulation and execution of the applicant yield plan, working closely with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Program Directors and the online vendor to coordinate relevant events and processes including online Webinars, and other targeted messaging campaigns
- Manage and analyze admissions/enrollment data to ensure accuracy of the data and consistency of reporting to internal SON audiences, University stakeholders, and vender work teams
- Interface closely with faculty to promote full understanding of the admissions review to ensure the yield of the most qualified applicants
- Coordinate with the academic affairs teams to track retention data and serve as the feedback loop with the faculty admissions committee to identify and proactively rectify any negative retention trends
- Communicate effectively with external and internal stakeholders, including prospective students, SON faculty and staff, and educational vendor
- Work directly with vendor admissions leadership in developing materials
- Provide oversight of external vendor and Admissions team training
- Ensure ongoing messaging accuracy; troubleshoot prospect inquiries and data challenges
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, the Director of Admissions engages with the BSN, CNL, and PhD populations, and works directly with the SON vendor who provides services to the MS in [email protected] program, as well as with the BS to DNP product, MS to DNP product, the Post Graduate Certificate product, and potentially other future online programs with the external vendor - e.g., Psych NP.
They are also responsible for the oversight and optimization of the admissions strategy and process for in-residence and online programs, including application review, admissions data, communication and messaging to vendor admissions team, faculty reviewer and committee management, and other assorted admissions and recruitment duties relevant to the programs.
Additionally, they serve as primary liaison with the aforementioned vendor at both the admissions and the senior leadership level.
- MS degree in Higher Education Leadership, Communications and/or Marketing or an MBA
- At least 7 years working within Admissions and Marketing in a higher education environment - preferably with vigorous academic standards
- Understanding of the admissions processes at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Familiar with the management and control of higher education data
- Strong marketing, technical, analytical, and data management skills
- Experienced ability to manage and foster relationships between faculty, staff, and external stakeholders
- Familiar with working under tight deadlines and have experience developing systems to improve efficiency of data flow
- Positive energy, a deep commitment to values-based liberal arts education, and strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and to respond to ever-changing environments comprised of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience working with competitive admissions processes and a firm understanding of the health care industry
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Google Analytics, and other educational application systems that might be deployed by Georgetown University
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/St-Marys-4th-Floor/Director-of-Admissions--School-of-Nursing---Georgetown-University-Medical-Center_JR14680
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4936c03ee64b334e9cc91a7e61fecf50
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert