Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy
- Marian University of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Science & Technology, Life Sciences
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant/Associate Professor of AnatomyJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Associate/Assistant Professor of Anatomy to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission. The successful candidate will contribute to the education of undergraduate medical students and Master of Biomedical Science Students at Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) by providing instruction in the anatomical sciences. This individual will serve as a member of a team of anatomy and pathology faculty in the planning and delivery of relevant content in a multi-discipline, systems-based medical curriculum. This is a tenure-track eligible position with a non-tenure track option.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
MU-COM faculty members who provide training in anatomy contribute to the mission and success of the college and the success of its students through excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and service to the University and community as follows:
-The Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy achieves excellence in teaching by:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Participating in the development, delivery, evaluation, and improvement of the curriculum;
- Supervising and directing learning by students in systems courses where anatomy content is presented.
- Providing sufficient understanding of concepts and facts related to anatomy in normal and abnormal states to allow students to demonstrates the competencies embodied in the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) COMLEX-USA Level 1 examination, and to proceed into the clinical rotations of the 3rd and 4th years of medical school;
- Assuming an appropriate share of the discipline-related teaching and service responsibilities inherent to the MU-COM curriculum;
- Providing leadership in matters of curriculum and curriculum evaluation.
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
-The Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy demonstrates excellence in scholarly activity through the establishment of a research program that involves students and that leads to the creation and dissemination of new knowledge.
-The Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy provides excellence in service to the University and community through involvement and leadership on committees and professional societies, and by providing mentorship to students.Required Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in Anatomy or an equivalent terminal degree in a discipline with an anatomical focus.
- Ideal candidates have 1-5 years of anatomy teaching experience in a medical program after receiving their terminal degree, preferably in large team-taught medical-level courses.
- Applicants should have training in multiple anatomical areas, including an ability to teach in a donor-based anatomy course.
- Candidates must have a proven record of scholarly activity (e.g., research publications, grants) consistent with the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
- Additional training in at least one of the other areas of anatomy (embryology, neuroanatomy and/or histology) is strongly preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Posting Number:
P086FNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert