Learning Technology Specialist
- Hagerstown Community College
- Hagerstown, MD
- Administrative Jobs
- Technology, IT Support & Training
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
The Learning Technology Specialist is responsible for the installation of networked classroom technology, programming and other instructional technology. This job requires advanced technical knowledge. Setup, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting audio-visual equipment on campus including cameras, microphones, projectors and monitors is required. The Learning Technology Specialist will also provide setup, support services, and training to faculty, staff, and outside groups using the equipment.
A. The Learning Technology Specialist works primarily with and reports to the Audio-visual Technology Manager. This position requires general direction with occasional specific supervision. The Learning Technology Specialist is responsible to the Dean of Distance Learning.
B. The Learning Technology Specialist works with academic faculty, Workforce Solutions and Continuing Education program instructors, Information Technology staff, maintenance and facilities, and outside vendors and groups using HCC facilities.
A. Coordination, installation and maintenance of audio-visual technology
1. Assists the Audio-visual Technology Manager with the overall management of the classrooms and conference rooms.
2. Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of instructional equipment.
3. Install and program Extron equipment and software.
4. Performs on-site diagnosis, analysis and resolution of audio-visual equipment problems.
5. Initiate purchase requisitions for equipment and parts.
6. Maintain audio-visual equipment maintenance schedule.
7. Manage statistics of equipment usage and location of equipment.
8. Provide needs assessment for classroom technology in new buildings and/or renovation projects.
(a) Work with the Assistant IT Director, Assistant Director of Facilities & Campus Construction, and Audio-visual Technology Manager to coordinate technology equipment specifications and installations.
(b) Coordinates with outside vendors on installation of cabling, wiring, and equipment.
B. Coordinate and assist HCC personnel and outside groups in the use of audio-visual equipment
1. Respond to faculty and staff calls and e-mails for assistance with instructional equipment: main campus, satellite locations and remotely. Sets up and takes down equipment according to the LT department schedule.
2. Provides support of the Learning Technology Help Desk, classroom support and Learning Technology emails.
3. Provide technology training on classroom equipment and instructional software for faculty.
4. Provide technical support for specific events on campus.
5. Provide videography services for HCC special events, workshops and conferences, as requested.
6. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. An Associate’s degree is required, with 3 years of experience in AV support. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years direct experience with AV technology may suffice. Demonstrated experience in professional leadership roles is also highly preferred.
2. Expertise in the installation, operation, and troubleshooting of classroom and conference room audio-visual equipment and software.
3. Requires experience in the use of projectors, sound systems, video cameras, microphones, audio sound boards, and digital streaming equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Good organizational & communication skills.
2. Ability to operate and troubleshoot technical equipment used in audio-visual and network settings.
3. Must have experience working with Zoom, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Premiere and screen capturing software. Preference is given to applicants with Extron configuration experience.
4. Ability to use common diagnostic tools and read electronic schematics.
5. Ability to handle stressful situations and be able to prioritize and handle multiple competing functions and demands.
6. Ability to work independently.
A. This is a high stress position involving constant interaction with the faculty, staff, students, and others regarding classroom technology. This job requires a combination of working in the office and campus-wide with frequent job-related interruptions. Some heavy lifting during transporting and placement of equipment is required.
B. Must be available to work a flexible schedule. Evening and some weekend hours required. Work schedule will be set according to department needs and variations in the academic year, though efforts will be made to ensure regularity.
C. Valid driver’s license is required.
Hagerstown Community College (HCC) was founded in 1946 as the first of its kind in Maryland. More than 100 programs of study are available for university transfer, career preparation, and personal enrichment. HCC also offers non-credit continuing education courses and customized training programs, as well as remedial and developmental courses to help students prepare for college-level offerings. Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, HCC awards associate degrees, certificates, and letters of recognition.
HCC employs approximately 540 individuals each year in full and part-time positions. Hundreds of student workers and campus volunteers also serve the campus community.
11400 Robinwood Dr.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert