Part-Time Head Womens Basketball Coach, Associate Faculty Pool
- West Valley-Mission Community College District
- Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $29,554-$41,482 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Part-Time Head Womens Basketball Coach, Associate Faculty Pool
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as Head Women’s Basketball Coach/ Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $29,554-$41,482 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1.Education – Possess any one of the following:
- Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience; OR
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience; OR
- A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
- Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
West Valley-Mission Community College District has a devoted Board of Trustees and a dedicated staff that serves its two colleges. West Valley College in Saratoga and Mission College in Santa Clara are on the cutting edge among higher education institutions in the Silicon Valley. Every semester over 20,000 students enroll in courses at the colleges. Thousands of others take online, off-campus, or non-credit courses and seminars offered through a variety of programs. These programs are aimed at meeting the training and retraining needs of the people of Silicon Valley.
Mission College is a public community college located in the City of Santa Clara, and in the heart of the Silicon Valley. We offer a future of transfer to a four year institution, a future in a career of your choice, a future of increasing skills for both higher education and the workforce and a future for an Associate’s Degree or Certificate that can get you on your way to any goal.
The highly diverse and active student population makes the environment at Mission College energetic and vibrant. It is a great place to meet new friends, participate in clubs and make your voice heard in student advocacy. Our faculty is among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere. The staff at Mission College is uniquely poised to help and guide your path to the future.
Mission College has many programs and services to ensure student success and support. Financial Aid can assist in making college affordable. Counseling helps students set achievable goals and provides guidance through orientation, study skills, and career courses. The college Career Center and Job Placement Office help students transition to the working world after college and each year sponsor’s a job fair featuring more than 60 employers. Finally, our Transfer Center helps to guide the transition from the two-year college to a four-year college so that students can easily gain a Bachelor’s degree. Each spring semester, Mission College hosts the largest college fair in the San Francisco Bay Area, where more than 180 national and international colleges and universities are represented.
West Valley is about success. It’s about helping students create a future for themselves so they can contribute to a world that needs their talents, drive and enthusiasm. We do that by providing as much one-on-one interaction with students as possible. The results speak for themselves.
- 571 students transferred to UCs and CSUs in 2012
- 552 students earned AA/AS degrees in 2012
- 170 students earned Certificates that led to careers in 2012
- We host learners from 25 countries who come to the United States looking for the kind of instruction that will help them contribute to the global economy.
- We offer classes on our beautiful 143-acre Saratoga campus in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, located at the southwest border of Silicon Valley. Here you can expand your mind, hang out with friends, and
Why not join us, and build your future as we build the future of Silicon Valley, one student at a time.contemplate a world of ideas.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert