Research Associate in the Division of Science Physics, Dr. George Shubeita
- New York University Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Science & Technology, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The Shubeita laboratory in the program of physics within the Division of Science, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to recruit a research associate to work on understanding mechanisms that regulate molecular motor-based axonal transport.
The successful applicant will drive a project aimed at understanding the modes of regulation of bidirectional transport along the axonal microtubules using a combination of cell biological and biophysical approaches. The successful applicant will push the frontier of our understanding of cargo-specific determinants of regulation as well as regulation of molecular motor function via microtubule-associated proteins. The candidate will use state-of-the art facilities and work in a multidisciplinary environment consisting of PhD-level scientists, graduate students and undergraduate students with training in physics, biology, and chemistry.
Applicants must have a PhD in Physics, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field. The successful applicant is required to have experience studying intracellular transport both in the axonal context and in vitro, hands-on experience using optical tweezers, mammalian cell culture, high resolution imaging, and surface chemistry.
For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae with full publication list, and a statement of research interests, all in PDF format. Two letters or recommendation submitted directly by the letter writer are required from all applicants who are not currently employed by NYUAD. If you have any questions, please email Prof. Shubeita at [email protected].
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.
NYU's agreement with the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to create NYU Abu Dhabi is the outcome of a shared understanding of the essential roles and challenges of higher education in the 21st century: a common belief in the value of a liberal arts education, concurrence on the benefits a research university brings to the society that sustains it, a conviction that interaction with new ideas and people who are different is valuable and necessary, and a commitment to educating students who are true citizens of the world. As the first comprehensive liberal arts and science campus in the Middle East to be operated abroad by a major American research university, NYU Abu Dhabi has been built on the following principles:
- NYU Abu Dhabi is a research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science college. It draws students from around the world, and prepares them for the challenges and opportunities of our interconnected world.
- NYU Abu Dhabi equips students for leadership in all arenas of human endeavor. It fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical reflection. At NYUAD, students extend themselves and the frontiers of knowledge.
- The residential life of students is central to the University's academic mission. Learning takes place across the campus, not only in classrooms, but also in residential houses, through participation in clubs and sports, during informal campus gatherings, and being engaged with the wider community.
- NYU Abu Dhabi stimulates advanced research. The NYUAD Institute is a major research center. Research is integral to the undergraduate experience at NYU Abu Dhabi, and it will also drive the University's graduate programs.
- NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU New York form the backbone of a fully connected global network university. As one of the two major hubs in the global network, NYUAD creates a unique capacity for faculty and students to access the assets of the entire university system.
- NYU Abu Dhabi advances the city of Abu Dhabi as a magnetic center of ideas and human talent.
NYU Abu Dhabi consists of a highly selective liberal arts and sciences college and a world center for advanced research and scholarship — integrated with each other and connected through technology to NYU New York.
Together, NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU New York form the backbone of a unique global network university that equips students for leadership in all arenas of human endeavor by fostering curiosity, creativity, and critical reflection.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a central component of Abu Dhabi's vision of becoming a leading world idea capital. For its first four years, the University is located in the heart of downtown Abu Dhabi. In 2014, it will move to its permanent home on Saadiyat Island, where it will be joined by neighbors including the Guggenheim, the Louvre, the Zayed National Museum, and a world-class performing arts center.
In working for NYU Abu Dhabi, you will help to build the world's first truly global university and research institute. The University's faculty and staff come from around the world, and the first class of students, who arrived in the fall of 2010, is one of the most geographically diverse student bodies on the planet. To date, NYU Abu Dhabi's staff alone is comprised of individuals from more than 30 different countries. For NYU Abu Dhabi, creating a culture of inclusion contributes not only to our success, but also to the richness of the talented staff that we can attract. When you join us as an employee, we look forward to learning more about your culture and seeing things from your unique viewpoint.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert