Lab Assistant / Class Tutor
- Johnson County Community College
- Overland Park
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Johnson County Community College
Position, Department: Lab Assistant / Class Tutor, Academic Affairs
Type of Position: Part-time Temporary, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule, Hours per week: varies, 12 hours per week
Pay Grade/Pay Range: , $15.00-18.75 *Actual pay depends on qualifications
Benefits Category: Partial benefits
Position Summary: Responsibilities include assisting students in the lab, referring students to appropriate resources, assist students with computer software necessary for the courses. Other duties include acting as a class tutor, assisting students in understanding concepts in Electronics, helping with the basic math skills to solve problems, mentor new tutors, and other duties as requested by the instructor.
- Working toward an AAS in Electronics
- Must be familiar with laboratory techniques
- Must be able to help with computer programs
- Require good communication skills, including listening with understanding and patience
- Ability to explain concepts and solving word problems in Electronics, both orally and in written form in a one to one or small group setting
- Working toward an Associate Degree in Applied Science in Electronics
- 1 year tutoring/teaching experience
To be considered for this position we will require an application, resume, and/or cover letter.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- TUTOR STUDENTS IN ELECTRONICS - Help students understand concepts in electronics and solve problems by relating the course material to what they already know, using real life examples and reviewing the math skills required. a. explain concepts clearly b. show students different methods of solving problems c. help students use calculators and online software to enhance learning d. tutor students Introduction to Electronics, AC and DC Circuits, Semiconductors, and Digital classes e. help students understand laboratory techniques.
- REFER & AID STUDENTS IN PROPER USE OF RESOURCES - Provide assistance to look up reliable information online as well as in books for Electronics and technical assistance. a. direct students to appropriate resources both online and in the center b. explain to students the proper use of resources c. assist students with computer software and calculator issues d. help students with the use of online tools to complete assignments e Assist with online homework platforms and usage of graphing programs f. treat students with respect and exhibit interest in helping them g. step in when need arises to check out models and books h. make sure that students follow the policies and safety rules of lab i. help to keep the center clean and organized.
- FOLLOW GOOD WORK ETHICS - Exhibit good work ethics by being reliable and dedicated. a. report on time at the center and stays the whole time according to the schedule b. report absence in advance if possible; if not, in a timely manner so that alternate arrangements can be made.
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.
Diversity Statement: Here at Johnson County Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students' success. You belong here.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email [email protected].
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/495003/lab-assistant-class-tutor
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Working at Johnson County Community College
With more than 34,000 students enrolled in credit and continuing education classes each semester, Johnson County Community College is the state's third largest institution of higher education and the largest of its 19 community colleges.
JCCC offers a full range of undergraduate credit courses that form the first two years of most college curricula. The college has more than 100 transfer agreements with area colleges and universities that ensure admittance to specific programs such as business, engineering and education. JCCC students are able to begin their first two years of a four-year degree program here and complete that degree on schedule.
In addition, more than 50 one- and two-year career and certificate programs prepare students to enter the job market in high-employment fields. The college maintains extensive student support services such as computer labs, math labs, a writing center and a learning center.
JCCC’s continuing education program is the largest, most comprehensive in the Kansas City area. Through the Center for Business and Technology, participants can take courses in management and computer application or seminars and workshops that lead to professional certification and licensure. Personal enrichment classes, on topics ranging from gardening to money management, are also offered, while nationally and internationally performing and visual artists appear in the performance spaces and Gallery of Art in JCCC’s Carlsen Center.
The campus, centrally located in the county on 234 acres, opened in 1972. There are 18 major buildings on campus. Currently under construction are the Regnier Center and the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art.
JCCC’s full-time faculty and staff numbers about 875. Another 1,800 people work as adjunct faculty or part-time staff. Most faculty members have master’s degrees, and many have or are earning doctorates.
JCCC returns about $2.70 to the community for every tax dollar it collects. The college's total tangible economic impact on the community is more than $182 million annually.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert