Visiting Assistant Professor of English
- University of Cincinnati
- Blue Ash Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, English Literature & Composition, Education, Educational Administration & Leadership
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. Rank and compensation will be based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the Department
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College seeks applications for two Visiting Assistant Professor of English positions to teach composition and, if needed, developmental writing for 2023-2024 academic year. This is a one-year position with the potential for a second year renewal.Job Overview
UC Blue Ash College is one of the largest two-year regional colleges in Ohio and one of the largest and most diverse colleges at the University of Cincinnati. We offer primarily associate degrees in career and transition programs as well as general education courses and technical baccalaureate degrees to more than 5,000 students. The college was selected as a winner of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s 2021 Best Places to Work award. Our college is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all students, faculty, and staff. The English & Communication Department is actively engaged in promoting equity and inclusion in composition courses.Essential Functions
- Teaching four courses per semester in the writing sequence, including developmental writing.
- Office hours to meet with students as needed.
- Also encouraged: participation in program assessment; department service; professional development; and professional and scholarly activities.
- A doctorate in English, Rhetoric and Composition, or a closely related field.
- ABD candidates may be considered, but a doctorate is required prior to effective date of appointment.
- Experience of at least three academic years teaching college-level writing, to include developmental writing courses or alternatively, pedagogical training (minimum of one course) in developmental writing, or publication on developmental writing.
- A PhD Dissertation on developmental writing may count as a publication.
For full consideration, applicants must upload the following documents to their application:
- Cover letter that directly addresses experience teaching writing, including developmental writing, at the college level, (describe training in developmental writing acquired through academic coursework or research if have not taught developmental writing).
- Curriculum vitae: Experience working with diverse student populations and/or in an open admissions college environment, if applicable.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information.
- Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide letters of recommendation.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert