Vice President of Teaching and Learning
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Fond du Lac, WI
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Vice Presidents
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Institutional Research & Planning
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Applications are being accepted for a Vice President of Teaching and Learning at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. The Vice President of Teaching and Learning will be a forward-looking academic leader with vision, strong leadership and strategic management experience to take Moraine Park to the next level of academic excellence and student success. This position reports to the President of the College.
Application review begins after the application closing date of February 10, 2023. Following the first review date, applications will be evaluated against posted qualifications and Moraine Park may ask candidates to submit additional information such as a written questionnaire, references and a formal interview (virtual and in-person) to a select few. This announcement will remain posted, and Moraine Park will continue to accept applications until an agreement is reached with a finalist.
Hiring range: $128,186 - $192,280
Beginning: June 2023
For more information, click here- https://www.morainepark.edu/VPSEARCH/
- Provide strategic and innovative leadership, advocacy and support for all areas of Teaching and Learning including educational planning, program development, program review and assessment, accreditation, economic and business development, curriculum, grants, institutional research and planning, faculty relations and development, transfer and articulation agreements, and academic support systems.
- Oversee the development, design, delivery and implementation of the strategic plans, priorities, and objectives for the Teaching and Learning Unit which support the current and changing needs of the College and community in alignment with the College’s strategic plan. Communicate the vision, Unit priorities and initiatives to staff. Assess and communicate the Unit’s accomplishment of priorities and objectives.
- In collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, implement and maintain an Academic Strategic plan in order to meet enrollment, quality and revenue metrics.
- Oversee development, communication, implementation, and evaluation of policies, procedures and guidelines appropriate to the operations and functions of the Teaching and Learning Unit. Ensure that College operations comply with all applicable laws and regulations and are consistent at all campuses/locations.
- Develop and manage assigned budgets. Direct the effective and efficient use of College resources in the Teaching and Learning Unit, and provide guidance on the use of all College resources. Seek alternative funding sources, oversee grant implementation, and continually look for new initiatives and innovative solutions to improve customer service and academic operations.
- Recruit, hire, orient, evaluate, develop, discipline, assign/promote and take other personnel actions for assigned employees in accordance with College policies, procedures, grants, state/federal laws and contractual agreements. Coach and encourage staff through staff training, professional development, employee engagement, and teamwork initiatives.
- Assure the direct coordination of efforts with related College units and external support/regulatory organizations including local, state and federal agencies. Develop and maintain a positive image and open communication with College stakeholders including board members, students, faculty, employees, agencies and key community leaders. Maintain memberships in state and regional professional associations.
- Work collaboratively with Student Services to maximize student success to ensure a seamless student experience from inquiry through graduation. Develop and maintain transfer and dual enrollment agreements with public and private K12, College and University partners.
- Develop and monitor systems for data gathering, statistical analysis and report preparation to enhance academic and college management strategies. Regularly report this information to the President’s Cabinet and provide pertinent information and data to board members, faculty, employees, and key stakeholders.
- With the other Vice Presidents, coordinate the cross-functional activities of the College to ensure an effective and efficient College operation and to create an engaging culture for all employees. Develop the team structure necessary to conduct the work of the Teaching and Learning Unit. Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet and President’s Work Team; lead and serve on College-wide teams as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree in an academic discipline or Higher Education Administration, Community College Leadership or Educational Leadership; or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge or abilities have been acquired. An earned Doctorate Degree in the same areas is preferred.
- Seven years of progressively more responsible experience in higher education administration preferably in a technical/community college setting as an academic leader with responsibilities relating to those described in the essential duties.
- Three years of secondary or post-secondary teaching experience. Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with regional accreditation, credit and non-credit program development, curriculum development, on-line delivery, assessment and evaluation of programs and services.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to guide, lead, support, and direct a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze complex multi-functional systems, processes and relationships and the ability to strategically plan and formulate policy and procedures.
- Expertise in budget development, fiscal management, and experience with writing and overseeing grants.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team member and team leader with students, employees, and external constituencies at the local and statewide level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present effectively in public.
- Experience in leading successful change efforts, including knowledge and skill in process improvement, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with the application and interpretation of ADA, FERPA, Clery Act, Title VII, Title IX, Higher Education and other federal and/or state laws, regulations and policies related to student rights.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software, including MS Office, email, internet, and an ERP system (Banner preferred) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of instructional functions and services. Knowledge of instructional and distance learning technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert