Executive Assistant Dean Of Finance & COO- College of Nursing
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Knoxville, TN
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Business & Financial Management, Clerical & Administrative Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Executive Assistant Dean of Finance & COO- UT- Knoxville College of NursingThe University of Tennessee Knoxville, College of Nursing is accepting applications for an Executive Assistant Dean of Finance & COO position. The Executive Assistant Dean of Finance and Chief Operating Officer serves as the Chief Business Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Human Resource Officer of the College of Nursing. This position must provide exceptional financial and operational leadership. Reporting directly to the Dean, the EADF&COO is responsible for setting the strategic plan and leading the college's implementation of all financial and administrative functions. This includes operational oversight of the college's financial, human resources, information technology, facilities, data management, and strategic planning. This position has three professional staff (IT Director, HR & Employee Engagement Director, and Financial Analyst Manager) as direct reports in addition to two non-exempt staff. The EADF & COO delegates to these staff as appropriate to manage operational tasks of implementing new strategies, procedures of processes. This is a critical leadership role, accountable for the overall operational performance of the college. This position is responsible for developing critical operational and financial processes, and initiatives essential to creating a sustainable college business model under the new BAM structure and in alignment with the University of Tennessee's mission. The EADF&COO leads the development, performance assessment, and annual update process for the college's operating and capital budgets and five to ten years plan. This position functions as the CBO and negotiates financial agreements with outside partners to create new revenue sources for the college. This position creates three - five-year projections and metrics to make significant financial investments related to enrollment trends, teaching pedagogy, and research composition of faculty to lead changes within the college and guide other colleges decisions. This position serves as the liaison at the university level, representing the school's interests, while effectively collaborating with peers from other colleges and central administration for broader institution-wide administrative planning and special projects. this position works closely with key members of leadership across the institution, including the Chancellor and Provost cabinet, campus Finance office, deans, directors, and representatives from all areas of University Administration (finance, human resources, legal, etc.). Driven by a commitment to the college and university mission, the EADF&COO will work collaboratively with all faculty and staff. This position is a member of the Dean's executive (senior management) team, while also functioning as a proactive supportive advocate for the college faculty and staff across all disciplines. The EADF&COO is responsible for ensuring an effective operational structure within the College finance office with a focus on performance management, positive employee relations and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission of the University and CollegeAbility to inspire trust and work collegially and transparently with all appropriate stakeholdersStrong management abilities and proven experience in managing and developing teamsAbility to foster and develop an entrepreneurial mindsetProven commitment to diversity and inclusion and ability to attract and lead a diverse workforceDemonstrated strategic leadership, planning, change management, and process improvement skillsAbility to analyze data for budgeting, operations, and auditing purposesDemonstrated ability to influence a wide range of people at various levels to achieve results and consensus in a collaborative decision-making environmentAdvanced financial expertise in accounting, budget planning, and financial forecastingExtraordinary attention to detail and accuracyOutstanding writing skills are required to create compelling and widely read budget requests, funding agreements, and policy documents.Unquestionable integrity, strong work ethic, and resiliency required
- Prefer that required KSA's are in an academic environmentPrefer Lean training and certification
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or related field5 years of progressively responsible financial and business operations experienceDemonstrated success in an executive-level role
- 10 years of progressively responsible financial and business operations experiencePrefer experience is in a higher education academic environment
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-knoxville
Job Posting: Dec 20, 2022, 7:56:24 AM
Working at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Founded in 1794, the University of Tennessee is one of the nation’s oldest and most storied public universities. Based in Knoxville, Tennessee’s flagship land-grant institution includes the statewide Institute of Agriculture and the Space Institute in Tullahoma. The university embodies excellence in teaching, discovery, scholarship, research, creative activity, outreach, and engagement. Known as the Volunteers, we lead with a spirit of selflessness, empathy, and courage, and strive to be champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion
UT Knoxville is a Research 1 university with 11 academic colleges and more than 900 programs of study. With an enrollment of more than 30,000 students, our academic programs are repeatedly ranked top in their class. The university co-manages Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the country’s most prominent national lab, driving innovation in advanced manufacturing and materials, national security, and more. We are closely connected with our communities through outreach and extension efforts across Tennessee and through partnerships with non-profits, corporations, and industries—regionally, nationally, and around the globe.
The city of Knoxville is nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The modern, thriving community is surrounded by gorgeous lakes and hundreds of miles of walking, hiking, and biking trails. Situated along the banks of the Tennessee River, our beautiful features an eclectic music scene, internationally recognized festivals, unique restaurants, and a robust offering of diverse cultural activities. Knoxville is located within a day’s drive of Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, Chicago, and Washington D.C.
Knoxville and the surrounding counties have a population of more than 850,000 people. The region houses many leading corporations and organizations, including Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Pilot/Flying J, the Tennessee Valley Authority, and Regal Cinemas, along with HGTV, Food Network, and other networks owned by Discovery Inc.
As a member of the UT family, you will be surrounded by top-notch faculty, staff, and students from around the world. You will be part of a diverse campus community that is passionate about changing the world and cheering for the Vols on game day.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert