MOSDOH - Assistant Professor, Pre-Clinical Restorative Dental Faculty
- A.T. Still University
- Kirksville, MO
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Dentistry
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Assistant Professor of Pre-Clinical Restorative Dentistry. The position reports to the Assistant Dean, Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education and is responsible for assuring pre-clinical instruction, including but not limited to aspects of restorative dentistry (including operative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics), through delivery of didactic and simulation clinic coursework as well as assessment of student learning.
Major Job Duties
- Deliver didactic content for all restorative dentistry coursework.
- Develop and/or revise learning objectives and associated assessments for pre-clinical restorative coursework.
- Deliver simulation clinic content for all restorative dentistry coursework, including demonstrations of correct procedural techniques, to a large student audience.
- Produce adjunctive educational materials such as demonstration videos or sample laboratory projects for the students to reference.
- Maintain and revise didactic content (lecture materials) as directed.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, maintain and revise laboratory manual content and written examination content.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, help students achieve competence in the pre-clinical setting.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, grade assessments and assess student progress and implement remediation requirements in the Simulation Clinic.
- Identify challenges to the restorative dentistry curriculum and propose appropriate resolutions to the Assistant Dean, Simulation Clinic.
- Assure translation of pre-clinical content to the MOSDOH clinical setting.
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity as assigned and agreed upon with the Assistant Dean.
- Serve on MOSDOH Committee(s) as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education.
- DMD/DDS/BDS, post-doctoral certificate or Public Health training are highly desired
- Knowledge of restorative dentistry
- Knowledge of pre-doctoral curriculum assessment and development
- Knowledge of Public Health
- Some prior experience
- A Missouri license
- Highly skilled in restorative dentistry
- Excellent lecture and demonstration skills for a pre-doctoral audience
- Ability to assess students’ fine motor skills and students’ progress in this area
- Willing to work with all students, faculty, and staff in a collegial manner
- Excellent communication skills in both a lecture (large-audience) format and in the more personalized laboratory setting (as when working one-on-one with students)
- Able to tailor their communication skills to different learning styles so that all students can benefit
- Be of a patient and calm temperament so as to encourage student development and student confidence as they progress through the pre-clinical curriculum
- Personable, with a positive attitude
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and open to new ideas
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is the founding institution of osteopathic healthcare, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still. As a leading health sciences university, ATSU is comprised of two campuses (Kirksville, Mo., and Mesa, Ariz.) on more than 200 acres with six prestigious schools. The culturally rich learning environments include residential and online healthcare related graduate degrees as well as community-based partnerships worldwide. ATSU has more than 1,300 employees dedicated to its not-for-profit mission and an average annual enrollment of over 3,100 students from 35 countries.
ATSU is renowned for its preeminence as a multidisciplinary healthcare educator. The University is focused on integrating the founding tenets of osteopathic medicine and the advancing knowledge of today's science. ATSU continually earns distinctions as the graduate health sciences university with best-in-class curriculum and a community outreach mission to serve the underserved. The University has a rich history of leadership in both healthcare education and correlated research.
ATSU instills within students the compassion, experience and knowledge required to address the whole person and shape healthcare in communities where needs are greatest. Inspired to influence whole person healthcare, ATSU graduates contribute to the future of integrated care while also leading with a selfless passion in the communities they serve.
5850 E. Still Circle
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert