Cardiac Electrophysiology Physician, Asst/Assoc/Full Professor, College of Medicine
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medical Research, Medicine
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s physicians are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease (CVHD) within the Department of Internal Medicine is recruiting a Section Chief for Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP). Reporting directly to the CVHD Division Director, the EP Section Chief is responsible for the development and management of the growth and success of clinical, teaching, and research activities of the Section.Essential Functions
- Ensures clinical excellence through personal practice and through leadership of Section in performance of procedures, consultations, and test interpretations.
- Develops clinical research opportunities for Section.
- Oversees and participates in intensive teaching for fellows, residents, and students in EP.
- Manages all personnel assigned to the section, in conjunction with the Division Director, to ensure smooth coverage of clinical, administrative, teaching, and research responsibilities.
- Mentors junior faculty and fellows and collaborates with Division Director to support promotion process for all EP faculty.
- Applicants are required to have board certification in Internal Medicine, board eligibility or certification in Cardiology, ability to obtain an unrestricted Ohio Medical License and DEA license.
- Applicants with previous experience in EP will be considered for this opportunity.
- Applicants for faculty positions must qualify for a full-time faculty position at the rank(s) of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert