Instructor or Assistant Professor, Educator, Mathematical Sciences
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. Rank and compensation will be based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Cincinnati is seeking applicants for two or more full-time teaching Faculty – Educator/s at the Instructor or Assistant Professor rank (final rank is commensurate with credentials).
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is committed to excellence in teaching. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to improving STEM education through the use of new pedagogical initiatives and cutting-edge technologies, and a research based, active learning approach involving new models of instruction which includes distance learning.Essential Functions
Duties include teaching various Mathematics and/or Statistics courses at the undergraduate level and participating in service to the department. This service may include, but is not limited to, serving on search committees, new course development, and multi-section course coordination.Minimum Requirements
For appointment at the Assistant Professor level: a PhD in Mathematics or Statistics prior to the August 15th, 2023 effective date of the appointment.
For appointment at the Instructor level: a Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics with at least two academic years’ experience teaching college-level courses in mathematics or statistics, all prior to the August 15th, 2023 effective date of the appointment.Application Process
Candidates must submit a diversity and inclusion statement (maximum one page) on how diversity and inclusion impacts your teaching philosophy in their application here.
Candidates also must submit the following documents online here, or on Mathjobs.org (@ https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/21765):
- Cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position.
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Description of teaching experience, if applicable. This is a brief description of courses taught (including level of course responsibility – course developer, course coordinator, primary instructor, teaching assistant, other) and prior experience with non-traditional pedagogical methods or use of instructional technology, if any.
- Candidates must also arrange to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted via mathjobs.org, or sent via email to [email protected] One or more of the letters should address teaching experience and quality of teaching (if applicable).
Review of applications will begin December 30, 2022 and the posting will remain open until all positions are filled.Compensation and BenefitsUC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert