Assistant Professor, Clinical, Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, College of Nursing
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Nursing
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the Department
The College of Nursing has been providing students and alumni with experiences that extend beyond the classroom for over 130 years. Among the oldest nursing schools in the country, the UC College of Nursing has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. Our mission is to develop nurse leaders who are empowered to generate, explore and apply nursing knowledge for evolving health care environments. If you have a passion for nursing and developing the future nurses that will lead in healthcare come join our exceptional faculty and contribute to our mission. UC Nurses. We See Leaders.Job Overview
The College of Nursing at the University of Cincinnati is seeking to fill non-tenure, non-tenure earning faculty positions to contribute to the College of Nursing’s mission of teaching, service, and scholarship. We are currently seeking candidates who are prepared to lead and/or teach primarily in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor.
Non-Tenure Clinical Track positions in the College of Nursing address the university’s mission of teaching, service, and scholarship. Non-Tenure Clinical Track Faculty Members also may be assigned administrative responsibilities. Evidence should demonstrate a sustained and progressive movement toward excellence in teaching and deliberative efforts to improve student learning outcomes. Collegiality and good citizenship are expected of all faculty. This position will support the University of Cincinnati and the College of Nursing’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our academic activities. The selected candidate will have a commitment to equity and inclusion in working with diverse populations.
Selected candidate will be hired as a 12-month faculty with year round teaching requirements, may teach additional graduate and/or undergraduate courses, online or in-person and travel to campus when required for teaching assignments and College activities.Essential Functions
- Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
- Serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Serve on college or university committees and participate in curriculum development activities.
- Serve on graduate committees, supervise laboratories (where appropriate), independent study activities, and off-campus learning.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
- Doctor of nursing practice degree from an accredited college or university.
- Recognized standing in a field appropriate to the requirements of the position.
Active and unrestricted State of Ohio RN license.Required Experience
A minimum of Five (5) years clinical practice and/or teaching experience in a post-secondary nursing educational program.Additional Qualifications Considered
- Innovative and open to the use of technology in the classroom.
- A portfolio of peer reviewed publications.
Compensation and BenefitsUC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert