Postdoctoral Fellow In Microbial Pathogenesis/Immunology
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medicine, Science & Technology, Environmental Science & Sustainability
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
- Perform research related to investigating etiological and mechanistic aspects of host-pathogen/toxicant interactions including modifier role of microbiome in lung disease.The focus is to study pathogenic determinants (antigens or other factors) and susceptibility mechanisms including effector cells and induced immune response pathways as modulated by microbiome such as via gut-lung cross-talk/interactions. This position offers opportunity in use of cellular and rodent models and cutting-edge techniques including but not limited to immunophenotyping, single cell analysis, immunoproteomics, microbiome analysis, among other OMICs approaches. Extend studies to human subjects to understand microbiome and other biomarkers of exposure and response.Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities. Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well. Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Prior experience in microbiology- and/or immunology related research will be ideal. Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert