Post Doc Fellow, Pathology & Lab Medicine
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medicine, Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
A full time Post Doc Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Yi-Gang Wang, MD, PhD in the Department of Pathology & Lab Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. The incumbent will conduct research and/or analyze research data and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of the University of Cincinnati. Positions are temporary appointments as a research trainee.Essential Functions
- Conduct research experiments in a particular field within the pre-determined research scope and methodology.
- Gather and analyze data and develop new ideas that promote current research.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies, as needed.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Doctoral Degree or the recognized terminal degree or the foreign equivalent, in biology, biomedicine, or a related field.Required Experience
- The applicant should be familiar and have worked with techniques including RT-PCR, Western Blot, and immunostaining for histological analyses for at least 1 year.
- Applicant should have experience in molecular biology, cell-based technologies including cell culture and expansion, and cell lineage tracing technologies, also with at least 1 year of experience.
- In-depth knowledge specialized in the field of regenerative medicine. This position seeks expertise in working with induced pluripotent stem cells, epigenetics of cellular reprogramming, and especially CRISPR-techniques for gene editing.
- May require basic surgical skill and experience to facilitate creating mouse infarction models by Left Anterior Descending (LAD) Coronary Artery Ligation and heart failure models with the transverse aortic constriction model (or TAC banding model), and procedures for genotyping.
- Publications (book chapters, manuscripts, articles, scientific presentations), especially as a first author, are ideal. Candidates should have a bibliography of their publications and presentations.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert