Assistant Professor of Music Business/Music Technology
- Hofstra University
- Hempstead, NY
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant Professor of Music Business/Music TechnologyPosition Number:
Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences-HumantiesDepartment:
MusicFull-Time or Part-Time:
The Department of Music invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor of Music Business and Music Technology beginning September 1, 2023.
Billboard magazine has recognized Hofstra University’s Music Business program in its 2022 roundup of the “Best Music Business Schools” in the U.S.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach core undergraduate courses in Music Business (Music Publishing, Advanced Seminar in the Music Industry, Entrepreneurship) and Music Technology, including studio recording, live production, MIDI and digital synthesis utilizing Pro Tools, Logic, FL Studio and Ableton digital audio workstations; the normal teaching load for each fall and spring is nine (9) semester hours.
- Play a pivotal role in building and administering a new concentration in Music Technology.
- Develop and administer the department’s recording studio and facilities.
- Actively recruit for the Music Department and the University.
- Administer the placement of student internships, academic advising, oversight of the department’s social media properties, attend recruitment events, and administer freshman summer orientation.
- Maintain an active professional practitioner in your field of expertise.
- Possession of terminal degree (such as MBA, JD, PhD, or MFA) or professionally recognized achievement in the employment of the techniques to be taught.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment.
Applications should be submitted electronically and include a cover letter with salary requirement and resume. All applicants received by December 15, 2022 will receive full consideration.Deadline:
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Working at Hofstra University
Hofstra University is a dynamic private university where students will benefit from large-university resources and thrive within a small college atmosphere. At Hofstra, students can choose from 155 undergraduate and 170 graduate program options within the Frank G. Zarb School of Business; Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs; School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts; School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Hofstra University and Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies at Hofstra University; Hofstra University Continuing Education; Honors College; Lawrence Herbert School of Communication; Maurice A. Deane School of Law; School of Education; School of Engineering and Applied Science; and School of Health Professions and Human Services. Students also benefit from small classes (student-to-faculty ratio of 13-to-1 and an average undergraduate class size of just 21 students), flexible schedules, and close proximity to the cultural and networking aspects of New York City.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert