Research Associate II
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians, Institutional & Business Affairs, Institutional Research & Planning
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 252756
Located in the vibrant community that is Gwinnett County, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is a technology-rich, financially affordable, four-year institution with an access mission, housed on a modern 260-acre campus, 30 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
GGC's transformative model of education prepares students to be life-long learners through the four pillars of scholarship, leadership, service and creativity. With a diverse student body of over 11,000 and a similarly diverse faculty and staff of 1,300+, the college embraces innovative approaches to education and administrative services through an inclusive culture.
Georgia Gwinnett College recognizes the talents of its faculty and staff as the institution's most critical asset. Essential to the college's mission is the critical need to attract, retain, and engage a diverse and highly qualified workforce. In addition to the University System of Georgia's expansive benefit and retirement offerings, employees who have completed six months of regular full-time service with GGC are eligible for the system's Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). This program fosters the development and professional growth of employees through tuition assistance for eligible courses at any of the system's 26 institutions.
The University System of Georgia's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits for eligible positions, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision plans, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave and retirement savings plans. More information can be found by visiting the USG Benefits webpage: https://benefits.usg.edu/Job Summary
Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Research and Analytics, the Research Associate II performs data management, analyses, and a wide range of report creation. The Associate completes special research related projects and annual assessments.This individual is expected to play a key role in fostering a positive work environment with the expectation of continuous improvement and first-class customer service. Position will also provide support to the Enrollment Management Services Division. Collaborative and team-oriented skills with a commitment to student success and diversity are essential attributes to this position.Responsibilities
- Manages data files and archived databases including but not limited to enrollment data, student success data, institutional effectiveness/planning data, and staff and faculty data
- Manages Faculty Events (MFE) information within the Human Resources database
- Supports the design of a database warehouse, transfers data from Banner, Z Drive, and Census Data files into new formats, TOAD, Power BI and Tableau to make data more appropriate for analysis
- Codes, writes scripts and transforms data to create new visualization tools; maintains existing visualization tools
- Consults with appropriate offices to acquire data; performs data analysis for various reports, including IPEDS, Common Data Set, College Board, US News and World Report surveys
- Monitors and manages recurring descriptive, comparative, and evaluative operations including student course evaluations, special event assessments and other annual assessment activities
- Manages and completes data requests for campus partners; provides service to the College community in response to routine reports and ad-hoc information needs; prepares data summaries, presentations, and reports for academic and administrative leadership; provides assessment in data collection and data reporting to administrative and academic units
- Compiles and produces the College's Fact Book; monitors and manages recurring descriptive, comparative, and evaluative operations including student course evaluations, special event assessments and other annual assessment activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in informatics, educational research, measurement, psychology, data science, higher education, or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Two or more years of relevant work experience in institutional research, assessment and/or data analytics
- Graduate degree in educational research, computer or data science, measurement, psychology, sociology, higher education, public administration or related field
- Experience and proficiency with SAS and/or SPSS
- Knowledge of database applications used in higher education such as Banner and ADP
- Skills in verbal and written communications
- Skills in interpersonal communications with the ability to build relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively at multiple levels of the institution
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
- Standard + Education
Other InformationDue to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.Physical RequirementsPosition requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert