IT Infrastructure Support & Security Manager
- University System of Georgia
- System Office-ATL-Library
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Clerical & Administrative Support, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: System Office-ATL-Library
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 250544
About the Georgia Public Library Service:Georgia Public Library Service empowers libraries to improve the lives of all Georgians.We provide innovative, scalable library technology and services; staff training and best practices; grant administration and more to create equity in library experience for patrons, no matter where they live.We also work with elected officials to ensure they understand the critical role that libraries play in meeting the immediate and long-term needs of citizens.Georgia Public Library Service is the state library administrative agency and a unit of the Board of Regents, University System of Georgia. Our Mission:The Georgia Public Library Service: Empowering libraries to improve the lives of GeorgiansWe achieve our mission by:
- Providing and encouraging visionary leadership;Ensuring equal access to information and technology;Promoting the value and joy of lifelong reading and learning; andFacilitating collaboration and innovation in the broader library community.
Georgia Public Library Service2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250Atlanta, GA 3034Job Summary
The IT Infrastructure Support & Security Manager provides the support and develops strategies necessary to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of GPLS-owned electronic information by communicating risk to senior administration; creates and maintains enforceable policies and supporting processes; and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. In addition, those policies and supporting processes will be used with Georgia’s public library directors and information technology staff to ensure compliance with their respective regulatory requirements, and to monitor risk and maintain appropriate safeguards.This position will assist with the deployment, maintenance, and support of hosted infrastructure at GPLS, such as firewalls and network equipment, and will provide IT support for GPLS services hosted by USG. In order to achieve these goals, this position collaborates with USG Cyberoperations and libraries, including the evaluation, procurement, and deployment of security-related products, and develops and coordinates infrastructure security awareness and education programs. Additionally, this position creates incident response plans to ensure compliance with USG Cyberoperations disaster recovery plans.Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Creates and executes information security strategies, both short-term and long-range, in support of the goals of GPLS, USG Cyberoperations, and Georgia’s public libraries.
2. Assists Georgia’s public libraries with risk assessments, incident response, and cybersecurity insurance policies.
3. Develops information/infrastructure security awareness training and education programs, works with public libraries to present them to library Directors and Technology Managers, and participates in local, regional, and national awareness and education events, as appropriate.4. Directs an ongoing, proactive risk assessment program for all new and existing GPLS systems and remains familiar with the goals and business processes of GPLS and USG.5. Communicates risks and recommendations to mitigate risks to the senior administration in support of decision making.6. Oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of GPLS information security policies and procedures by ensuring these policies and procedures comply with USG Cyberoperations policy.7. In partnership with USG Cyberoperations, assists Georgia’s public libraries to develop policies and processes that will help to ensure regulatory compliance in areas such as the Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA).8. Ensures vulnerabilities are managed by directing periodic vulnerability scans of servers connected to GPLS networks.9. Acts proactively to prevent potential disaster situations by ensuring that proper protections are in place, such as intrusion detection and prevention systems, firewalls, and effective physical safeguards, and provides for the availability of computer resources by ensuring a business continuity/disaster recovery plan is in place to offset the effects caused by intentional and unintentional acts.10. Evaluates security incidents and determines what response, if any, is needed and coordinates GPLS responses, including technical incident response teams in coordination with USG Cyberoperations, when sensitive information is breached. 11. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, attending training, conferences, and/or courses as directed by the supervisor, and obtaining certifications relevant to job duties. 12. Assists with the deployment, maintenance, and technical support of security-related infrastructure managed by GPLS.13. Contributes to the overall success of GPLS and USG Cyberoperations by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assignedRequired Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required.3-5 years of varied information technology experience is required. Applicable experience includes, but is not limited to, computer and networking infrastructure, operating systems, application software development, project management, regulatory compliance, risk management, and providing training.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or related field preferred.Experience in a public library setting is preferredKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
The ability to understand hardware and software systems is required.The ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the systems is required.The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to reason analytically is required.The ability to work with and train people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge is required.Effective verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in writing technical specifications are required.The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.Ability to prioritize many demands in a fast moving and constantly changing environment.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hearThe employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 poundsThe employee is regularly required to sit and type on a computer for extended periods of time, interact with many different people, and be able to perform in a noisy environment.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University System Office is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University System Office to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, ADEA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50).
For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the University System Office Human Resources at 404.962.3242. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact Human ResourcesOther Information
This position may be approved for a hybrid (remote/on-site work) scheduleBackground Check
This position is a position of trust. So, employment requires a pre-employment background check that will include criminal history, education, and driving history. It will not include a credit check
Working at the University System of Georgia
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia is a constitutional board responsible for making and administering the policies that govern and manage the public institutions of higher learning in the State of Georgia. The University System of Georgia offers students higher education options at thirty-five colleges and universities throughout the state, providing a wide range of academic programming, including certificates, associates, baccalaureate, master, doctoral and professional degrees. These institutions enroll more than 253,000 students and employ more than 10,000 faculty and 27,000 employees to provide teaching and related services to students and the communities in which they are located.
The Board of Regents maintains the University System Office as an administrative office for conducting the business of the Board, which consists of one member from each congressional district and five members at-large from the State of Georgia appointed by the Governor.
The nature of the work of the Board of Regents requires that the employees of the University System Office be selected on the basis of special training, ability, skills and individual qualities required to perform the duties of the positions to be filled. As an employee of the University System Office, one can be proud to be a part of an office dedicated to the education of Georgia’s citizens.
See a profile and a complete job list for each University System of Georgia institution by clicking below:
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- Albany State University
- Armstrong State University
- Atlanta Metropolitan College
- Bainbridge State College
- Clayton State University
- College of Coastal Georgia
- Columbus State University
- Dalton State College
- Darton State College
- East Georgia College
- Fort Valley State University
- Georgia College & State University
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Georgia Highlands College
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Perimeter College
- Georgia Regents University
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia Southwestern State University
- Georgia State University
- Gordon State College
- Kennesaw State University
- Middle Georgia State College
- Savannah State University
- Skidaway Institute of Oceanography
- Southern Polytechnic State University
- South Georgia State College
- University of Georgia
- University of North Georgia
- University of West Georgia
- Valdosta State University
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert