Dean of the College of Business - Montana State University Billings
- Montana State University-Billings
- United States, North America
- Salary commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications.
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Dean College of Business
NBAPOSN Title Dean
Working Title Dean College of Business
Brief Position Overview Montana State University Billings is accepting applications for a Dean of the College of
Business. MSUB is seeking a visionary, collaborative, entrepreneurial, competent and successful academic leader.
Position Number 6C2002
Department College of Business
Division Academic Affairs
Appointment Type Professional
Contract Term Fiscal Year
If other, specify From date
If other, specify End date
Union Affiliation Exempt from Collective Bargaining
Benefits Eligible Yes
Salary Salary commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications.
Contract Type MUS
If other, please specify
Recruitment Type Open
Montana State University Billings is a preferred employer in the region- WE WANT YOU!
The following are reasons why you should join our team:
Holidays-10 paid holidays per year and General Election Day
Vacation- 15 days per year (New Employees to 10 years; after 10 years the accrual rate increases)
Sick Leave – Earned at an accrual rate of .0416125 for each hour in pay status.
Employee and Dependent Tuition Waiver
Opportunities to engage in professional development opportunities
Committed to employee wellness and access to a robust Employee Assistance
Medical Benefits that are robust and affordable
Visit MUS Benefits to learn more about our benefit package including Medical, Vision, and Dental
Life Insurance and Long Term Disability are incorporated into our benefits.
Learn more about our retirement benefits at MUS Retirement.
Opportunities for career growth and a variety of career paths
Campus vibrancy- coffee shops, FREE attendance to MSUB concerts, athletic events, and lectures, access to recreation center, library, etc.
Beautiful campus environment that features our MSUB Mile walking path
The College of Business (COB) is one of five colleges at MSU Billings. The College of
Business grants baccalaureate degrees in Accounting, Finance, Management,
Marketing, and General Business. Its programs are accredited by the Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). The College faculty members have a national reputation for excellent teaching, scholarship, and entrepreneurial activities. The College of Business serves students across the state, region, and country, as well as internationally. The College of Business provides a high- quality undergraduate business education that focuses on teaching, hands-on
(experiential) learning, and community engagement.
MSUB’s College of Business vision is to accelerate student success through applied business knowledge and to contribute to a better and brighter future for our students, businesses, community and world.
The mission of the College of Business is to graduate business students who will succeed in business and entrepreneurial endeavors and contribute to making our world a better place. Our educational programs bridge theory and practice, both online and onsite, by
- Partnering with the community
- Teaching applied business skills
- Providing experiential learning
- Maintaining close faculty, student and community engagement
Our research focuses on
- Application of business theory and concepts to help organizations apply business principles
- Educational practices to aid teaching methodologies
- Contributions derived from community engagement
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the Dean is the senior academic and administrative officer of the College, and is responsible for:
- Leading and inspiring faculty, students, and staff in setting strategic, operational, and financial directions for the College.
- Employing programs and processes to realize near and long-term goals for enrollment, retention, and graduation rates.
- Developing an effective, collegial environment and plans that support excellence in teaching, research, service, and strategic performance.
- Promoting the global visibility of the College’s programs, fostering research and creativity.
- Partnering with the University and the MSUB Foundation to develop endowments and financial resources.
- Managing the College’s human, fiscal and physical resources to meet the
College’s strategic growth initiatives.
- Working closely with leaders of the business community to ensure that the College connects with student career development and philanthropic opportunities, and that the College is producing graduates who meet the needs of the business communities across the state and nationally.
- Working effectively with students and faculty as well as with the alumni and other benefactors to enhance the reputation of MSUB.
- Working with other Colleges, fellow Deans and units in the University to promote interdisciplinary programs, projects and initiatives.
Required Qualifications –
Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated passion, vision, and record of accomplishments related to studentand faculty success, enrollment growth, innovation, public-private partnerships, and entrepreneurial activities.
- Demonstrated experience in administration including budgetary and personnel management, as well as strategic planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze system performance and lead course corrections aligned with the university mission.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and fostering an inclusive environment.
Preferred Qualifications –
Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- An exemplary record of university teaching, scholarly and creative activity, and service, having achieved the rank of professor.
- A terminal degree in an academic field closely related to one of the College’s disciplines or professions is preferred.
- Individuals with related degrees or substantial business and organizational accomplishment are also encouraged to apply.
- At least three years of business and entrepreneurial experience which includes experience at the level of manager, senior manager, director or above and which should include leadership of people, organizational resources, and strategic planning.
- Knowledge and experience with alliances, cooperation, and partnerships development, implementation, management, review, and assessment at both national and international levels.
- Demonstrated success in developing external funding from private and public sources to support scholarly and creative endeavors, student development, and strategic plans.
- Evidence of experience successfully working across different disciplines and departments on a university campus as well as experience with collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with expectations for faculty recruitment, promotion, and tenure in a College of Business.
The Successful Candidate Will
Physical Demands N/A
This position has supervisory Yes
Posting Detail Information
Announcement Number S00770P
Number of Vacancies 1.0
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Close Date 01/30/2023
Open until filled Yes
Special Instructions Summary
Quick Link for Internal Postings https://employment.msubillings.edu/postings/5986
Diversity Statement Montana State University Billings is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University Billings makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana
Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU Billings provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference or request accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office,
Montana State University Billings, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101-0298, 406- 657-2278
MSU Billings Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Billings Website: http://www.msubillings.edu/humres/eeos.htm
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
3. List of References (3 or more)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert