Technical Services & Systems Librarian
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- Klamath Falls, Oregon
- 60,000 -65,000
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Library & Information Sciences
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Librarians & Library Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
This is a Faculty, non-tenure position overseeing activities associated with library acquisitions and cataloging; library application software and services; and electronic resources. Keeping in mind the Libraries’ Vision of making it, “easy for our users to locate, navigate, and access high quality information resources”, the Technical Services and Systems Librarian works in close collaboration with personnel from various Library units to support the discoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms. In addition, the Librarian supports library instruction through classes and one-on-one interaction with students via the helpdesk, chat services, and in-person consultations. The Librarian provides feedback to the Library administration, campus administration, and consortia administration through participation in various committees. The position is required to be at the Klamath Falls campus.
The Klamath Falls Library is located in the Learning Resources Center (LRC) on the Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, Oregon. The Library’s main collections are located on the first floor of the LRC, with administrative offices, group-study rooms, and the Shaw Historical Library located on the second floor.
The Library contains over 700,000 print and electronic books and periodicals. Resources and services include a online catalog, over 70 online databases, federal and Oregon state documents, interlibrary loans, classes, tours, and seminars. Copy machines are available as well as over 20 computer workstations available for public use.
The library offers a variety of study spaces from group study rooms where you can close the door to individual study carrels where you can quietly cram for your next quiz. The Oregon Tech libraries are committed to a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion and we recognize the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the success of our students.
The library is a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, a consortia of 38 PNW libraries. We work closely with the Alliance through interlibrary loans, as well as committee and general meeting participation. With the Orbis Cascade Alliance, we administer Ex Libris’ ALMA and PRIMO software.
• Master’s degree in library or information science from ALA-accredited graduate school or equivalent
• 3 or more years of technical library experience and/or public service or equivalent combination
• Demonstrated knowledge of concepts, principles, and practice in library technical services
• Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with integrated library systems, resource discovery tools, link resolvers, and proxy authentications systems
• Strong commitment to excellent public service, user experience, and user education
• Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS
• Experience leading, supervising, and mentoring personnel
• Experience with the library services platform Ex Libris Alma and Primo VE discovery system
• Strong analytical and assessment skills, with a preference for demonstrated experience using Alma Analytics
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to set priorities, direct work, manage time, and multi-task
• Ability to solve problems and adapt to changing situations
• Experience reading, managing, and negotiating license agreements
• Experience troubleshooting electronic resource access problems
• Working knowledge of a programming/scripting language
• Working knowledge of digital tools, standards and initiatives, such as SUSHI, Open URL, KBART and COUNTER
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on January 16, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5587
Then, upload the following elements to your application:
- A brief Cover Letter outlining qualifications specific to this position
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your (unofficial) Transcripts
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit:https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert