- Lehigh University
- Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Registrar & Student Accounts
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Lehigh University, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of University Registrar. The University Registrar is an integral leader within Lehigh University and most specifically Lehigh’s enrollment management leadership team. Reporting to the Vice Provost of Academic Systems and Services, the University Registrar’s regular duties are in collaboration with the provost's office, deans, associate deans, faculty, and other University colleagues.
- Collaborate with relevant offices across campus to provide leadership on issues related to course registration, classroom utilization and documentation of students’ academic progress.
- Understand and ensure compliance related to all legal and accreditation-related requirements and associated educational delivery and degree requirements;
- Oversee the management of student information, ensure compliance with federal and state laws regarding the maintenance, sharing, archiving and destruction of academic records, and maintain a thorough understanding of academic policies;
- Oversee course enrollments and classroom management to ensure the optimal allocation of university resources;
- Manage RAS office’s operations, business processes, and staff;
- Strategic planning, particularly in the areas of enrollment management and transfer student success;
- Supporting the development of best practices and common approaches for gathering, analyzing, and using data that will allow the design and implementation of policies, procedures, and reports that enhance learning and teaching, improve enrollment management techniques, and foster student success at Lehigh;
- Serving on University committees, task forces, and other groups as needed, and work on projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in higher education administration, including at the department, college and university level
- Record of successive authority and supervisory responsibilities
- Minimum of 8 years of experience required
About Lehigh University:
Located in Pennsylvania's beautiful Lehigh Valley, Lehigh is one of the nation's most distinguished private research universities. Through academic rigor, an entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative opportunities the University challenges their students to become the leaders of the future. With five distinguished colleges and an ideal student-to-faculty ratio, Lehigh offers world-class academic opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. For over 150 years, Lehigh has had its eye on the future, redefining what it means to lead every step of the way.
About the Lehigh Valley and Bethlehem, PA:
Located in the heart of the beautiful Lehigh Valley, Bethlehem is a vibrant city, rich in history and known for its small-town friendliness and feel, while also being part of the third largest metropolitan area in Pennsylvania. More adventures are also within driving distance, including the 1.5-hour trip to New York City and both the 1-hour trips to Philadelphia or the Pocono Mountains.
The arts are alive in Bethlehem, where you won’t have to look far to find exciting seasonal events, nationally recognized musical acts, comedy, art and more. The city boasts three performing arts centers on the SouthSide alone, as well as the Banana Factory, a dynamic cultural arts center. Nearly every world cuisine imaginable is also available in Bethlehem. The city boasts a wealth of restaurants serving up Japanese, Indian, Malaysian, Italian, Thai, Mexican and more, with more than 80 restaurants in downtown alone. Beyond the city of Bethlehem itself, the Lehigh Valley is home to several top-notch entertainment centers, shopping malls and award-winning restaurants.
Application and Nomination Process:
All correspondence relating to the position of University Registrar at Lehigh University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Adam W. Barrett, Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by January 23, 2023 will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Lehigh University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Lehigh University seeks talented faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds. Lehigh University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status in any area , including: student admissions; scholarship or loan awards; athletic, co-curricular, recreational, or social programs; academic programs, policies, or activities; and employment and employment development.
Founded in 1865, Lehigh University is a premier coeducational, nondenominational, private residential research university that offers a distinctive academic environment for undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe. Lehigh University’s annual report from 2013 provides an overview of the intellectual activity across campus as well as a financial report. It is posted on our website at http://www.lehigh.edu/annualreport/ .
Lehigh offers more than 90 undergraduate programs and majors featuring more than 2,000 courses in four colleges: The College of Arts and Sciences, The College of Business and Economics, The College of Education and The P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. Lehigh confers a total of 12 degrees at the undergraduate and advanced degree level. We have 482 full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty and approximately 200 adjunct faculty and lecturers and 10 full-time visiting faculty. With approximately 4700 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students, a small student-to-faculty ratio allows students to work closely with professors. About 69% of all full-time faculty are tenured, and 99% of full-time tenure-track faculty hold a doctorate degree or the highest degree in their field. We have 1,215 staff members supporting the academic, research and administrative functions.
Located in Pennsylvania’s scenic Lehigh Valley, the campus is in close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia. Lehigh is situated on over 2,300 acres on four campuses. The Asa Packer Campus, Mountaintop Campus, and Murray H. Goodman Campus are contiguous and feature more than 153 buildings with 4.3 million-plus square feet of classroom, laboratory, office and living space. The campus also has 180 acres of playing fields and half of the campus is preserved as open space.
27 Memorial Drive West
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert