Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for a
Simulation Program Manager (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$69,200 - $89,900+ per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU’s compensation plan. RVU’s full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Simulation Program Manager will work closely with the Director of Simulation to provide oversight of the Department of Simulation in Medicine and Surgery (SIMS) at MCOM. The Simulation Program Manager will provide comprehensive teaching to students, residents, faculty and other users of the simulation department. The Simulation Program Manager will also assist the Director of Simulation with operational and budget management for the Simulation Department at MCOM.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct the operation of Standardized Patient Encounters for all Programs and learners- including recruitment, supervision, evaluation, and assessment of Standardized Patient Encounters.
- Work with SIMS Director and Finance to analyze and manage SIMS budgets- including courses, SP encounters, and Division of Medicine and Surgery simulation events.
- Oversee the updates and subscriptions of SIMS hardware and software (currently EMS).
- Keep a current inventory of SIMS equipment, including repair dates and warranties.
- Assist in the marketing of the MCOM Simulation Center to outside groups, such as other universities and colleges, residency programs, first responder organizations, and other potential community partners.
- Direct the education and instruction of medical students and other health care professional learners in the MCOM Simulation Center while providing mentorship and motivation for learning in research and scholarly activity through active learning groups, laboratory experience and research opportunities.
- Participate in simulation delivery and the assessment and evaluation of students, residents and other health care professionals in the MCOM Simulation Center by providing feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the learners meet the competency standards established by the faculty and college.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of RVU’s ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Represent RVU with positivity and integrity in collaborative initiatives with internal and external stakeholders to help accomplish the mission of the University.
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to incorporate simulation to enhance the University’s competitiveness with other Universities and standardized test results.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate teaching and communication skills, flexibility, organizational skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project and office management
- Ability to learn and manage the EMS computer system
- Knowledge of simulation technologies and standardized patient events
- Experience and skills in the development, delivery, and evaluation of simulated clinical events
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in health-related or educational field OR equivalent experience in a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in education, preferably adult education.
- Master's Degree
- Experience in medical simulation training, including Standardized Patients and running simulator mannikins
- Experience with simulation management software and equipment
- CHSE or CHSOS certification
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.